Photo

A couple of experiences I've had recently!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sam_93

sam_93

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

Hi everyone,. . I'll just quickly introduce myself, my name is Sam. I am a believer in Ghosts/Paranormal, but up until recently it had never been part of my life. I'd never had a first hand experience or anything so though I believed, it was never necessarily important to me. However, two things recently have really shook me up, and I'm pretty freaked out by them.. . First experience was about three weeks ago. My family were asleep in bed and I was downstairs in the living room, by myself on the laptop. Hanging near the doorway we have this sort of ornamental mobile that hangs from the ceiling, and each figure on the mobile has a small bell on it. The room was eerily silent, and as I was on the Laptop, one of the figures seemed to have been flicked, as the bell made a pretty loud noise. I quickly looked up and the mobile was gentle rotating, and one of the figures in particular had a lot of movement. It was if some force had flicked it. Take into account, there was no drafts and no one else downstairs. It wasn't even small movement though, it made the same noise and movement as if you or I had gone up to it and flicked or pushed it with our hands. . . I decided not to be downstairs by myself for about a week or so after that. Then I came round and started staying up again, with no visible activity, until last night. I was again, on the sofa with the laptop. By the sofa we have a wicker chair which we normally use as a chair for the piano. For anybody who doesn't own one, they're very creaky chairs made out of weaved wood or something like that. Anyway, it was the same situation - very quiet. Until it felt like there was a presence sitting on the chair. It creaked several times quite loudly, a similar sound to a small human sitting on the chair. It carried on for about 30 seconds, I was so freaked out but plucked up the courage to move the chair. So I moved it back to the piano where it should have been, and it stopped. . . . Like I said about the mobile incident, there's no logical explanation for these events. Why would a mobile start moving or a chair start creaking, in a silent house with no drafts or no movement. There were no vibrations from upstairs as everybody was fast asleep. What do you guys think? Anybody, whether you've had many experiences or none, I'd love to hear feedback and support - I've been pretty freaked out by it as I've never had paranormal experiences before.. . Regards,. . Sam

#2 Scout

Scout

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

I think you've got a draft in the house that you can't detect. Old houses shift too.

#3 sam_93

sam_93

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

I completely forgot about this. We've only been in this house six months, and it's a new build. Not long after moving in, My mum was awake and in her bedroom and sister was asleep, it was about 1am. I was wide awake, and something really made me jump. It sounded like a small tennis ball bouncing down the stairs, one after the other. I told my Mum the following morning and she didn't hear it. She was defiantly awake this point, I know what I heard and I was defiantly awake.. . Nothing happened after this for months until everything that happened in my first post. So there's no activity for a while, and then when it does happen it's pretty strong.. . Thanks! :)

#4 sam_93

sam_93

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

I think you've got a draft in the house that you can't detect. Old houses shift too..

.I completely understand your point, and that is how I tried to rationalize it. But you have take certain points into account:-...- A draft wouldn't have made the mobile do what it did. One of the figures were pinged, just one, while the whole thing was spinning. It was a calm night, it's a new house and there's no open drafts in the house. The mobile had the same affect as a human being going up to it and flicking, or pushing it, not a wind...- The chair made the exact same noise as if a human sat on it. I understand houses creak and there's vibrations, but there was an actual force sitting on the chair...I'm not normally bothered by noises, if I heard bangs and creaks I know it's the house. But this just feels different. if you look at my other post as well, about the banging down the stairs. I went out to investigate and there was no objects near or around the stairs, but there was a clear force going down the steps. It would be way to coincidental for all the stairs to creak one after the other. ..I decided to ask one of my friends who is around the house a lot, as I don't want to scare my family. They said they didn't want to tell me but they said when they last stayed here, everytime they came in the living room, they felt uneasy - like someone was watching them...Thanks for the reply!

Edited by sam_93, 29 March 2012 - 12:02 PM.

#5 georgek

georgek

Ghostly Presence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:55 AM

I completely understand your point, and that is how I tried to rationalize it. But you have take certain points into account:-...- A draft wouldn't have made the mobile do what it did. One of the figures were pinged, just one, while the whole thing was spinning. It was a calm night, it's a new house and there's no open drafts in the house. The mobile had the same affect as a human being going up to it and flicking, or pushing it, not a wind...- The chair made the exact same noise as if a human sat on it. I understand houses creak and there's vibrations, but there was an actual force sitting on the chair...I'm not normally bothered by noises, if I heard bangs and creaks I know it's the house. But this just feels different. if you look at my other post as well, about the banging down the stairs. I went out to investigate and there was no objects near or around the stairs, but there was a clear force going down the steps. It would be way to coincidental for all the stairs to creak one after the other. ..I decided to ask one of my friends who is around the house a lot, as I don't want to scare my family. They said they didn't want to tell me but they said when they last stayed here, everytime they came in the living room, they felt uneasy - like someone was watching them...Thanks for the reply!.

.I don't believe it to be draft...You are far too intelligent, and would not be posting if you were not sure of your experiences...To me...it is equally strange, why anyone who is certain of their environment, would not consider this to be paranormal, had they not analysed at their own discretion, of what is acceptable or supernatural?..I believe that you are awakening, to the reality of ghosts and the supernatural. It is a major goal, by juxtaposing between the acceptable and none acceptable!..When we have this jurisdiction of being able to evaluate our surroundings by denouncing the the logical in favour of the unacceptable, it means that we are able to evaluate the reality of our experiences, despite many years of brainwashing...By knowing, that what we see with our senses, defies discriminate diction of what is real or false...That be my understanding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users