4 replies to this topic

#1 gamerz

gamerz

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:25 AM

Hi, got this pic from my buddy.. . Would be glad if we can discuss about it.. . Some background detail :-. . 1. Pic taken using cellphone. 2. The pic is taken randomly with a few seconds apart (apparently the guy just playing around with the phone and taking random pic). 3. Owner dont seem to be interested to post it on the net but i did it anyway cause i'm curios about the feedback (and the debunking =P).. 4. Pics is about 1-2 months old if i'm not mistaken.. . Is it photoshopped? maybe, i dont really know. . . That's why i'm posting it here.

Attached Files

#2 ScientificBeliever

ScientificBeliever

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Music, Literature, Singing, Paranormal, Psychology, Astrology, Medicine, Songwriting, Biology, People, Philosophy, Writing music, Movies, Astronomy, Nature, Regression/Meditation

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

..Hey there, i'm new and also saw your post has no comments, so thought I would add my opinion :).I believe yes, that it is photoshopped. If you look at the two different pictures, you can see a few subtle, yet distinct differences..For example, on the pot of flowers at the bottom of the screen, the left photo it has little pink flowers on, and next to it on the right, it has none. Also the lighting on both are extremely different, and the background behind the wooden post with the 'hand' is not the same, and it should be as they are both taken at almost the same angle...So, some good lighting and photoshop work ;) It wouldn't be hard I don't think, to edit that hand into the photograph....Nadine . xox
..Nadine.xo

#3 Sir JGP

Sir JGP

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:All things Paranormal, I love to investigate haunted places and run my own investigation company.
    Love strange mysteries, I analyse photographs of
    so call hauntings and ghosts, feel free to send them to me.

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:27 PM

The picture has been modified for sure, as Scientific Believer says if you look at the right hand side of the picture, the wooden post in the fist picture you can see the green trees and green grass to the right of the post. . In the second image if the hand on the post the area to the right of the post has been blanked out so nothing can be seen there. . . I can only see one reason for wanting to blank out this area in the image and that would be because if it were not blanked out you would be able to see the persons arm or body that was standing there, hence ruining the affect of the image as a ghost.

#4 Angel1218

Angel1218

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

Deffenitly modified, considering there are what look to be photo affects added to both photos. (such as an iPhone app/Facebook app like picnk) nOthing spectacular here

Edited by LadyEllesmere, 11 March 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#5 georgek

georgek

Ghostly Presence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:01 AM

The thing that shows it to be photoshopped, is that none of the leaves appear to have moved, either by the wind if (any) or by a slight breeze? It would be very difficult to maintain the exact shot. Okay some plants may have been modified, but I am just looking at the re-taking of the shot without any difference in position or movement.. . One would expect a slight repositioning or shape of some of the leaves, even in this short interval of time?. The same base....but fiddling around with lighting.. . These things give the paranormal a bad name.

Edited by georgek, 12 March 2012 - 05:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users