15 replies to this topic

#1 Alicia4Peace

Alicia4Peace

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:21 PM

The other night, my family and I had just returned home after being gone a few days and the oddest thing happened. Keep in mind that I'm not very technical, so give me a break about the terminology that I will use to describe my phone. We were tired and had just decided to turn in. I set my cell phone on a piece of furniture. The power was on, but I had just put it back to the main screen after viewing some photos I had taken with it. I am sure it was on the main screen. I took a few short minutes, washed my face, put on my pjs and got into bed next to my hubby. The lights were off and we were just talking about our trip before drifting off to sleep. Suddenly, I could see a soft light across the room. My husband asked me what this was. I got up to check my phone. I thought maybe I had it on silent and someone was texting or calling me, but that wasn't the case. It was on the screen to send an email. I have yet to set it up so that I can send email from my phone. I use my phone to call, text, and take a photo from time to time. That was just odd. I lay back down and began to fall sleep. Just as I did, I heard a noise in the kitchen which is right beside the bedroom. It sounded like something falling over. I asked my husband if he thought we could have a mouse. He said no way! True enough (and thank goodness), because I have seen no evidence of mice. I despise them!!! I tossed and turned all night after that and could not sleep. I tuned into every sound I heard and didn't get a good night sleep. Am I just freaking myself out for no reason or could this mean anything?
A4P

#2 Alicia4Peace

Alicia4Peace

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:56 PM

Before you dismiss me as being silly and reading too many ghost stories here, maybe I should tell you a back story. True, our home is fairly new, but my hubby and others have found arrow heads on our land. I often hear strange noises and have the feeling that I'm not alone, even when no one else is home. I often look for things like my keys or other pesonal items and cannot find them. I will look all through the house only to find them later in the very place where I started my search. I sometimes fall asleep while watching tv in the living room. I have been woken by the feeling that something is tickling my face. I will smooth back my hair and change positions, only to be woken again with the same feeling. This happens every week or so. Just wondering what your thoughts are. Thanks.. . I am editing this only to add a thought. About 3 weeks ago, my smoke alarm went off for no reason at 3AM. The batteries are fine and, as I said, this is a fairly new home. It woke my husband and me up. I have set it off before when cooking, but no one was cooking. Everyone was asleep.

Edited by Alicia4Peace, 01 September 2010 - 12:43 AM.

A4P

#3 SebastianMcGowan

SebastianMcGowan

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Anything that goes bump in the night! I find the paranormal incredibly interesting...which must be a first for this site?!

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:32 PM

So your absolutely certain that you did not inadvertantly enter the email application? I'm not trying to prove you wrong...just being objective. . The smoke alarm going off is pretty creepy though. I've also experienced similar "tickling" on my face while sleeping, as well as a sensation of almost being "forced" down into the bed while asleep, at the same time experiencing a strange buzzing noise. I read a lot of similar experiences to that of mine, which begs me to ask if that is paranormal? Or possibly just a phase of deep sleep?. A4P...do you have a teenage duaghter in the house? I've read some interesting accounts of spiritual activity linked to teenage girls that sound similar to your missing keys and the smoke alarm. As for the arrow heads, I know very little about the native American Indians (which I am guessing is the source?!) but I know enough to know that they are very spiritually aware, and maybe thats a source of the happenings?
"Live fast, die never"

#4 Alicia4Peace

Alicia4Peace

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:12 AM

So your absolutely certain that you did not inadvertantly enter the email application? I'm not trying to prove you wrong...just being objective. .The smoke alarm going off is pretty creepy though. I've also experienced similar "tickling" on my face while sleeping, as well as a sensation of almost being "forced" down into the bed while asleep, at the same time experiencing a strange buzzing noise. I read a lot of similar experiences to that of mine, which begs me to ask if that is paranormal? Or possibly just a phase of deep sleep?.A4P...do you have a teenage duaghter in the house? I've read some interesting accounts of spiritual activity linked to teenage girls that sound similar to your missing keys and the smoke alarm. As for the arrow heads, I know very little about the native American Indians (which I am guessing is the source?!) but I know enough to know that they are very spiritually aware, and maybe thats a source of the happenings?.

.Hi, again :) No, we have no teenagers in the house. Oddly enough, another incident of missing personal items happened yesterday. I had been out and about, opened my purse and couldn't locate my wallet. It wasn't in my car. I went home and searched a table first where my purse had been setting before I had left to go out. It wasn't on, under or around this table. I searched the whole house and found it later under the table where I had 1st looked. Maybe it is me just being absent minded, but it happens so often. ..I'm sorry you are having these issues with your sleep. Thankfully, I haven't had sleep problems like yours or I would not be very calm right now. I hope your sleep problems will stop and that you can find the source. Are you excited that it could be paranormal or is this upsetting? I hope you are intrigued rather than upset and I hope whatever it is isn't harmful in any way. :)..Yes, the arrow heads are Native American artifacts. It is not uncommon for people in the surrounding area to find arrow heads when they are digging on their land for gardening or building purposes, but it doesn't happend as often as it once did. However, this was the first for me personally and it wasn't I who found them. Only a couple of things were found so far leading me to believe that it may not have been a very populated area in its day. Tese thingsh were found by accident after a rain on the surface of the soil. Maybe this place was part of hunting grounds. If more things were found, I would contact someone in authority. I have a great deal of respect for Native American people and I wouldn't want to disturb anything sacred. Your right, they are very spiritual people. All land, hunting ground or otherwise, is probably considered sacred in truth. With their tragic history here all land should be regarded as sacred in a way. Maybe you're right and that could be a source of activity here or maybe I'm just being absent minded. :) ..Oh, yes, I'm certain I didn't enter the email app. ..Thank you for replying and I hope you soon have some of your questions answered as well.
A4P

#5 SebastianMcGowan

SebastianMcGowan

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Anything that goes bump in the night! I find the paranormal incredibly interesting...which must be a first for this site?!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:57 PM

Hi again A4P! . Sorry, just to shed more light on my experience with 'sleeping'...I have had this experience possibly 5times in total (5 times too many in my opinion)...but it was not a recent thing! I have not experienced that in a good 4/5 years, so apologies if it sounded like I had implied that it was a recent or current thing. But that all aside, it was not a pleasant experience. I am still not entirely sure of what happened, but I do remember waking up and not being able to move, all the time feeling like something was on top of me pushing me down. (But obviously there was nothing) . It also felt like the'vicinity' directly above me was somehow sinister. Does that make any sense? . Am I excied at the prospect of it being paranormal? Not really! Coz it scared the life outta me!! Spiritually I do not scare easily, but it was not a pleasant experience. I have heard similar accounts from other 'believers of the supernatural' over the years, and this leads me to believe it is paranormal.. However, I could also accept that this is simply a biological condition, where maybe the heart rate drops so low that the body in its sleep/resting state encounters a state of paralysis, and the buzzing noise could just be a amplification of blood passing through the Carotid artery. That is a possibility, but it does not explain the sinister feelings. I try to view it as logically as possible! I'd love to know if there is anyon else who could share or expand on this? . . As for your arrowhead findings, that is so cool! I would not be surprised by any supernatural happenings given the locale! . I did ask about the teenager for a reason. That reason is that some paranormal investigators/experts believe there is a link between teenage girls and Poltergeist activity. I'm not sure what the link is, and I asked simply to try and see if there was that possibility in your situation. But seeing as there is no teenage girl, I'm therefore stumped!!! But thats creepy...especially when they take your wallet! None of the 'entities' that have removed my wallet have allowed me to find it again, and the only trace after mine was gone was the ATM withdrawal they did on my behalf!!! . . On another note, albeit related slightly to your sacred native grounds, I live right next door to a cemetary! This is a former "Bantu" burial ground. In the apartheid South Africa, even in death you were seperated. This is a graveyard full of black natives who have been buried here from as early as 1880. (thats old here in SA!). I have had a few wierd experiences, as have some of the other people living within the security estate. . We had one lady here who was in her late 50's who started hearing voices. The one voice told her that she was going to die on November 24th in 2007. This was in the September of 2007, and low and behold...she died on the evening of November 24th in her sleep. The funny thing is that she shared this with several of the residents here who all thought she was a bit eccentric, and oddly enough everyone remembered her precise omen after her death. . I have heard wierd singing, as well as an uneasy feeling at certain times. . I did have one experience though, where in the middle of the night I was woken up by this very wierd noise...which I first thought was my neighbour and his wife having really noisy sex! But as I listened (It was loud! Stop judging!) I realized that it was in fact coming from outside my window, and seemed to be moving along my house's exterior wall. With my heart racing I ripped open the curtains to discover a white cat, that was making the most peculiar noises!! Hardly paranormal, but it was scary at the time! . . Our native's are a lot like the American Indians with regard to their use of witchdoctors, and magic. Have you ever read anything about the "Tokoloshe?". Its a devil like creature that our native South Africans dread.... . Anyway, hope your wallet stays put!!. Later!
"Live fast, die never"

#6 Alicia4Peace

Alicia4Peace

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:32 AM

Oh, wow! That is really amazing about the activity you and others have witnessed in the area where you live. The story of the woman who died on the day she had predicted blows my mind. Maybe she was not just eccentric, but had a bit of a 6th sense. You live next to a cemetary? Wow! That sounds like it would be very creepy. I would like to hear more stories about that. My heart goes out to the people that are buried their, because they sound as though they cannot rest. I will have to read about the Tokoloshee...but I often tend to avoid stories that deal with demonic or dark entities. I watched "Paranormal Activity" which was a mistake! I wanted to crawl under my seat. Had I known it dealt with darkness, I wouldn't have watched. . . I experienced similiar sleep problems like you are refering to when I was a teenage and later in my early twenties, but only a hand full of times. Thankfully that has stopped. I knew what was going on around me, but couldn't fully wake up for several minutes. I was scared. I had the feeling that someone was there watching me, but no one was there. I've read where it may have something to do with one's sleep habits. If a person is sleep deprived it could happen. That was often true in my case, but sometimes it wasn't. One of the last times I experienced it, I had been in my dorm room. The door was shut and locked from the outside. When I finally woke up out of that state, my door was standing open. I had dreamed that I had walked to the common room and then returned to my dorm room. I wondered if I had walked in my sleep since the door was standing open. I like the thought of that rather than the alternative. . . I have also read about sleep paralysis. When it was first written about, people would describe this feeling of someone sitting on their chest or being held down as the succubus. You have probably read about that as well. Sleep studies have dismissed this as being a natural occurence in the brain as a result of a sleeping disorder. Whatever it is, it is frightening and such a relief when you finally wake up from it isn't it?. . . Thanks for replying. I would like to hear more :)
A4P

#7 SebastianMcGowan

SebastianMcGowan

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:52 PM

A4P.... I must admit, I have never heard of the 'succubus' theory in relation to the sleep encounter. But that actually makes a lot of sense. Personally I would rather it was a medical condition than a paranormal one, but I will not rule out either one. . . Your experience would have freaked me out though! Is it not possible that someone in your dorm was not messing with you?!. . Look, the Tokoloshe legend in SA is rife amongst the black culture. I am originally from the UK, and when I moved here I found it strange that the black people would raise their beds off the floor by sitting them on top of 10litre oil drums, or 4 stacked bricks. Most houses in SA have what we call "servants quarters" which is additional accomodation for the live in maids...and if you were to go into their rooms, it was a strange sight to see the beds raised off the ground! The Tokoloshe is said to hide under the beds in wait for unsuspecting victims, and by raising the bed it is impossible for the tiny Tokoloshe to hide there! It is rather strange, because in the rural areas, the natives will literally freak out and run a mile if they see a dwarf or a midget. They associate them with the Tokoloshe. It is a cultural thing, which is very relevant to them. And where I simply dismiss it, I also respect their belief in it and address it with the respect it deserves. . . Yeah, I do live next to a graveyard, and it is quite strange what goes on here. That ladies prediction was super creepy, I wont lie. . We have a crazy demon motor cyclist just up the road, as well as a haunted farm house in our local village of Henley on Klip! One of the biggest tragedies in SA is that we do not celebrate Halloween. If we did, the local village would be an ideal movie setting for the haunted night! "White" South Africa was traditionally a very Christian country, so the older generation are very God fearing...and when I held a Halloween party in my complex a few years back, I recieved quite a rebuke from the local Afrikaans residents. Once again it is a cultural "thing" so I cant really complain with them having a go at me! Its all about acceptance, respect and tolerance I believe! . . Oh! I did have a Hamster that returned from the dead as well!! (I was young and did not know what hibernation was) But it still makes a great story!
"Live fast, die never"

#8 Alicia4Peace

Alicia4Peace

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

When I was a child, I would have loved having my bed raised up like that. Hearing stories like the boogie man, I was always afraid of that "something" hiding under my bed. I would keep my arms and feet from dangling over the side of my mattress, so the "something" couldn't grab hold. Having the bed raised up would have given me an extra sense of security. . . Tokoloshe sounds like many of the Native American place names from around these parts...Tuskaloosa, Okefenokee or Okeechobee...many others. I love those names and I also respect the Native American Culture. I love to read folk legends from all over the world. Maybe some of these are based on factual evidence which has just been embelished over the yrs as they were passed down by word of mouth.. . Sorry you can't celebrate Halloween without disapproval from your community.
A4P

#9 SebastianMcGowan

SebastianMcGowan

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:03 AM

Yip...count your blessings, Halloween is something we would love to have here. Although, it is more realistic here...coz I'm sure if we tried to get something going, we'd be burned at the stake!!
"Live fast, die never"

#10 Alicia4Peace

Alicia4Peace

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:46 PM

Well, we don't want you to be burned at the stake for a few silly costumes, apple bobbing, a punkin' or 2 and little "Trick or Treating". Maybe you can have a secret costume party with just a few close friends who won't draw attention to the event. You could call it Happy Hallelujah like churches around here or Fall or Harvest Festival! I dunno...the "powersthatbe" may still be on to you. ;)

Edited by Alicia4Peace, 08 September 2010 - 10:46 PM.

A4P

#11 Alicia4Peace

Alicia4Peace

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:49 AM

Had more missing items yesterday. I wore my favorite shoes to run an errand. When I return home, I have the bad habit of kicking my shoes off in the room where I'm working. Yesterday, I put away groceries in the kitchen which is where I left my shoes. Just before I left home for another outing, I returned to the kitchen for them, but they weren't there. I looked in 3 different rooms including my bedroom, before choosing different shoes. When I returned for a second time, my hubby searched the house for some screws for a project he has been working on. He recalled leaving them on the kitchen table. He looked everywhere until he found them next to his favorite chair in the living room. I remembered he had been working at the kitchen table before we left and hadn't sat in his chair. I found my shoes the next day, near the doorway of my bedroom. Maybe they had just walked off. LOL . . Again, playing hide and seek with personal items happens often here. My hubby may think I'm nuts if I tell him I'm curious about these things, because they could probably be explained away.

Edited by Alicia4Peace, 10 September 2010 - 04:50 AM.

A4P

#12 Jodax967

Jodax967

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Lady Gaga, anything paranormal. AIN'T NO GHOSTS GONNA SCARE ME! Find me on twitter @TheEyesofGAGA and on tumblr @ http://theeyesofgaga.tumblr.com

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:06 PM

ok, not to change the topic or anything, but I'm getting close to being a teenager, and I'm noticing that whenever I'm angry or stressed, my computer gets "scared" of me, because whenever I get near it, it instantly freezes. When I'm happy, it works just fine. Also whenever I'm angry/stressed I hear things moving and sometimes I even see apparitions. I thought I was going crazy or something, but yeah. I have heard of that connection between ghosts and teens and I've been wondering if that's been happening to me. Surprisingly I'm 11 right now... I'll do a bit of research. :)
NEVER say a monser is stupid, or some 11+million people are going to hurt yo!

#13 Jodax967

Jodax967

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Lady Gaga, anything paranormal. AIN'T NO GHOSTS GONNA SCARE ME! Find me on twitter @TheEyesofGAGA and on tumblr @ http://theeyesofgaga.tumblr.com

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

ok sorry for the double-post, but what is the name of that "teenage energy and ghost" connection? I having a bit of trouble with my "research". lol
NEVER say a monser is stupid, or some 11+million people are going to hurt yo!

#14 111girl

111girl

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Angels, 111 Phenomenon, Ghosts, watching Paranormal state, cystal children, aliens, ufo's, Roswell, Friends, Family, Time Travel, Dreams, phychics & mediums, anything different & unique. And the unknown.

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:20 PM

Considering that your house is new, maybe you should research the land the your house is on now. You said your husband found arrow heads on the land. And your fire alarm going off at 3 AM. Maybe there was an indian trib on your land long ago, maybe something to do with fire. Just a thought. Have a good day.

#15 Jenny Lynn

Jenny Lynn

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

Hey sabastion my name is Jenny. I am new to this forum and I posted a story of my experience of being held down. You can find it under sightings and experiences, titled held down by something. I have had so many experiences but this was the only 1 that terrified me tl death.

#16 Anadisooza

Anadisooza

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:26 PM

I have a number of such experiences.. But I cannot justify that it is a ghost.. Thanks everyone Those shared your old experiences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users