Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

Photo

Freddy Jackson

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Miss Danax

Miss Danax

Ghostly Presence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

God, I love this photograph, scared me at first, but, wow. I've always said this is real... It really does seem like the '' closest thing to the real deal '' .
Ha! What you call ''Paranormal'' I call Tuesday...

#22 morgan

morgan

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal (obviously) especially Poltergeist phenomenon. The gullibility of people. Travel writing. The USA. Psychology. Photography and documentary film making.

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:51 PM

Hi,. . This pic has been around since 1975 as previous posts on here have said or quoted which true. I've always been a bit sceptical about it - it just seems too good to be true. It's not an 'in your face' ghost pic like pics that have been faked over the last 20 years have. It's just subtle enough to be true. Given the background history to the pic I guessed it would not be too hard to prove that the facts behind the pic were either true, false or a bit of both. How wrong and right I was LOL.. After the pic was posted on a forum of which I'm a Moderator (The Paranormal Gateway) I decided that if it could be proved that Freddy Jackson was a real person that died in the circumstances that the pics background suggested then it would be a plus in the favour of it representing genuine evidence of the spirit surviving the physical.. After much web/phone research over here in the UK of England, checking War Memorials near the RAF base where the incident happened, looking into records of deaths and speaking to RAF archive personnel at the base where the incident happend all those years ago... I finally established that Freddy Jackson did indeed die as a result of accidentally walking into the prop of a Sopwith Camel just a few days before the transport maintenance company of which he was a mechanic was disbanded at the end of the First World War (the end of 1918 not 1919 as most websites claim).. The group picture was indeed posted and there was considerable consternation when the image of Freddy Jackson was seen when it was posted in order that the people in it could request copies. It is from those origins that everything we see and read on countless paranormal websites. I'm interested in the truth which is why I'm sharing my findings here because I think this is one of the best on the net in terms of rational analysis and informed comment.. But to cut a long post...erm to a conclusion - I'm a sceptic when it comes to ghost pics, I want to know the facts behind the pic before I chip in with my opinion. In this case the facts were verifiable and the facts bore out some authenticity to the pic - I'm not saying that the pic is proof of life beyond death. But It is best evidence and one of the most convincing 'spirit' photographs I've seen.. . I'd like to thank Mary at RAF Cranwell, Archives (UK England) for her help in my research.. . . morgan :o
Is this thing on?

#23 Zeus

Zeus

Full Body Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:47 AM

hi guys, quite a classic pic eh ? lol, anyway this pic looks very real, and since it's an old pic it gives the impression that it's even more real but then again this is digital and the chances of it being fake are as slim or big as the chances of seeing a fake ghost pic with a modern age cam and a neat program... although to Me (I'm not Digital Expert when it comes to interfaces) it looks normal.. and since I like ghosts, I'll stick to.. It's real! haha

#24 Guilty_By_Ignorance

Guilty_By_Ignorance

Ghostly Presence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:My son, music (playing it (drums)and listening to it). Primarily melodic death metal, black metal and progressive. All aspects of ghost hunting.

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:31 AM

I definitely think it's real, as said before it would hard as hell to fake this way back in the day.
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown..

#25 stardust24

stardust24

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

I think its real. . and i agree that it would have been hard for someone to fake it so long ago.

#26 PennStater88

PennStater88

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

Hi,..This pic has been around since 1975 as previous posts on here have said or quoted which true. I've always been a bit sceptical about it - it just seems too good to be true. It's not an 'in your face' ghost pic like pics that have been faked over the last 20 years have. It's just subtle enough to be true. Given the background history to the pic I guessed it would not be too hard to prove that the facts behind the pic were either true, false or a bit of both. How wrong and right I was LOL..After the pic was posted on a forum of which I'm a Moderator (The Paranormal Gateway) I decided that if it could be proved that Freddy Jackson was a real person that died in the circumstances that the pics background suggested then it would be a plus in the favour of it representing genuine evidence of the spirit surviving the physical..After much web/phone research over here in the UK of England, checking War Memorials near the RAF base where the incident happened, looking into records of deaths and speaking to RAF archive personnel at the base where the incident happend all those years ago... I finally established that Freddy Jackson did indeed die as a result of accidentally walking into the prop of a Sopwith Camel just a few days before the transport maintenance company of which he was a mechanic was disbanded at the end of the First World War (the end of 1918 not 1919 as most websites claim)..The group picture was indeed posted and there was considerable consternation when the image of Freddy Jackson was seen when it was posted in order that the people in it could request copies. It is from those origins that everything we see and read on countless paranormal websites. I'm interested in the truth which is why I'm sharing my findings here because I think this is one of the best on the net in terms of rational analysis and informed comment..But to cut a long post...erm to a conclusion - I'm a sceptic when it comes to ghost pics, I want to know the facts behind the pic before I chip in with my opinion. In this case the facts were verifiable and the facts bore out some authenticity to the pic - I'm not saying that the pic is proof of life beyond death. But It is best evidence and one of the most convincing 'spirit' photographs I've seen...I'd like to thank Mary at RAF Cranwell, Archives (UK England) for her help in my research....morgan :)

.morgan, in your search for more information were you able to locate a photo of Freddie before he passed away? I think it would be interesting to compare the faces in both the RAF picture and a photo of Freddy to see if we could match them up...Great job with the research! I have been looking for information on him and the accident for a few weeks with no luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users