15 replies to this topic

#1 sirk696

sirk696

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:06 AM

I have just found this website after having a very weird experience last night.. . I'll start from the beginning.. . My wife and I have lived in our house for nearly 6 years now, and have never thought anything about ghosts etc. The odd time our cat has been freaked out by nothing, and sat meowing at the ceiling etc.. . Four months ago, my wife gave birth to our daughter and since then odd things have been happening.. . We have a baby monitor that also has an infra red camera and a few weeks after putting her in the Nursery, I glanced at the monitor and could have sworn that somthing moved past the cot, I shot upstairs thinking there was an intruder, but nothing. I put it down to being paranoid as a new father etc.. . I mentioned this to my wife, and she was a bit freaked out by this, and said she was sure she had heared a voice occasionally when the baby was whining, going "sshh", but again she put it down to interference or something.. . Now the weird thing, last night we put our daughter to bed as usual, and she was in a right tis with herself, and took ages to get off to sleep. When we went to bed around midnight, she woke up and again started crying, after trying to passify her for a while, she went off to sleep, only to wake up again 2 minutes later. I was stood by our bed, and just looked at my wife and said "oh no, what a night we are in for" when a voice came over the monitor saying "sshh, sshh", with that my daughter started laughing and cooing, then went over to sleep.. . We both heared this and immediately I went in to my daughters room, and she just started crying again.. . If it had just been the voice we could have put it down to interference, but it was the way my daughter laughed, the same way she does in a morning when we go in to wake her up.. . Is it possible for ghosts of dead relatives to come into your house? I ask this, becuase a couple of weeks after my wifes father died, that was when the cat started acting up, and we joked that it was her dad the cat was seeing.

#2 Kirstin.G

Kirstin.G

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:08 PM

Hey :).What you have described sounds like a relative who has passed over to the other side is actually helping your daughter settle sometimes,.My family and I have been around ghosts/spirits all our lives..I am replying to this with experience,.I was babysitting my cousin when he was just 3 months old, and My Uncle's mother and father had passed away just before he had been born..I had put him down to sleep and he had only been asleep for an hour when I heard a scottish accent say shhhh..Now I was confused because my Uncle is scottish btu I knew he was out so I rushed to my cousins room with baby monitor in hand only to see he was fast asleep and nobody was there...About 2 hours later he started to cry I was in the middle of eating but rushed to see him just as I was about to open his door I heard shhh, sleep wee baby over the baby monitor. He instantly stopped crying..I todl my auntie the tale when she arrived home and she told me she often hears it and that it was my Uncle's parents just looking after my cousin...Yes I believe in your case it is a dead relative protecting your child, you have nothing to worry about.I hope I have helped :)..Kirstin.G (UK,17,Pregnant with baby #1)

#3 Curious

Curious

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything paranormal or cryptid. I love horror movies and books.

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:18 PM

The baby doesn't seem to be bothered by the spirit, everything you mentioned was it being helpful. And yes a dead relative is the most likely explanation. I would not worry too much about it. These kind of experiences can be a little spooky, but there seems to be no harm done.
A word to the wise isn't necessary, it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

#4 emo_elmo

emo_elmo

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:i like to ride 4 wheelers dirt bikes watch my big bro win races i love my big bro and i like partying listening to my ipod and vampire bats sharks snakes rats dogs cats horses anything really

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:51 AM

The baby doesn't seem to be bothered by the spirit, everything you mentioned was it being helpful. And yes a dead relative is the most likely explanation. I would not worry too much about it. These kind of experiences can be a little spooky, but there seems to be no harm done.

...cause the spirit wants to protect the baby
♥the undead rule♥.$EmO\eLmO/gIrBaBy$. john riojas's♥baby♥girl

#5 Skatha

Skatha

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, history, paranormal, classic cartoons, cinema, theatre, computers, traveling, paganism...

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:28 PM

Since you indicated your father-in-law has died recently, I'd definitely go with the conclusion that it is him. However, it is not out of the realm of possibility that you moved into a house in which a very caring individual once lived there and wants to help take care of your baby. I've heard plenty of stories about an older woman's ghost appearing to "help" with an infant in the household. Either way, there's nothing to worry about. :cry:
Pas a pas, se va lučnh.

#6 Rachel4

Rachel4

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:26 PM

Since you indicated your father-in-law has died recently, I'd definitely go with the conclusion that it is him. However, it is not out of the realm of possibility that you moved into a house in which a very caring individual once lived there and wants to help take care of your baby. I've heard plenty of stories about an older woman's ghost appearing to "help" with an infant in the household. Either way, there's nothing to worry about. :lol:

..I don't believe that was a relative or any other human soul. I don't know if you are Christians, but if you are, you may be interested to know that God says in the Bible that at death we go IMMEDIATELY to either heaven to be with Him, or to hell. IMMEDIATELY. No human soul is allowed to "wander" around earth. On the other hand, God has sent the devil and his demons down to earth (kicked them out of heaven actually). So demons do wander the earth, and they can take any form or shape, even masquerading as an angel of light or in the image of a dead relative. They do this to discredit God in people's eyes...I've been through PLENTY of spiritual oppression in my life (I've seen them, heard them, etc...) and the ONLY thing that has EVER gotten rid of them permanently has been to call on the name of Jesus. That was the ONLY thing that worked for me. That showed me the power of the name of Jesus. Then I contemplated WHY His name had so much power. After much study and personal/spiritual experience, I realized there could only be one reason why even the demons are subject to His name and His power ..... because He is God and they MUST obey Him. As a child I was raised Christian and I believed in Jesus, but then as I got older I thought I was too enlightened to believe anymore. Turns out I was wrong. So I returned to my Christian faith, and I pray for protection from Jesus, and my home has been quiet ever since. No more voices, no more shadows, no more orbs. Just peace and quiet. :)...Hope that helps!....*** Also .... For anyone who is NOT Christian, please don't message me and yell. Just ignore this post. These are my personal beliefs of which I am entitled to have, and I am trying to help the original poster. If the original poster finds my post or my Christian beliefs offensive, then I will gladly remove this post. But the primary reason for this post is to help the original poster.....~ Rachel

#7 emo_elmo

emo_elmo

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:i like to ride 4 wheelers dirt bikes watch my big bro win races i love my big bro and i like partying listening to my ipod and vampire bats sharks snakes rats dogs cats horses anything really

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:53 PM

I have just found this website after having a very weird experience last night...I'll start from the beginning...My wife and I have lived in our house for nearly 6 years now, and have never thought anything about ghosts etc. The odd time our cat has been freaked out by nothing, and sat meowing at the ceiling etc...Four months ago, my wife gave birth to our daughter and since then odd things have been happening...We have a baby monitor that also has an infra red camera and a few weeks after putting her in the Nursery, I glanced at the monitor and could have sworn that somthing moved past the cot, I shot upstairs thinking there was an intruder, but nothing. I put it down to being paranoid as a new father etc...I mentioned this to my wife, and she was a bit freaked out by this, and said she was sure she had heared a voice occasionally when the baby was whining, going "sshh", but again she put it down to interference or something...Now the weird thing, last night we put our daughter to bed as usual, and she was in a right tis with herself, and took ages to get off to sleep. When we went to bed around midnight, she woke up and again started crying, after trying to passify her for a while, she went off to sleep, only to wake up again 2 minutes later. I was stood by our bed, and just looked at my wife and said "oh no, what a night we are in for" when a voice came over the monitor saying "sshh, sshh", with that my daughter started laughing and cooing, then went over to sleep...We both heared this and immediately I went in to my daughters room, and she just started crying again...If it had just been the voice we could have put it down to interference, but it was the way my daughter laughed, the same way she does in a morning when we go in to wake her up...Is it possible for ghosts of dead relatives to come into your house? I ask this, becuase a couple of weeks after my wifes father died, that was when the cat started acting up, and we joked that it was her dad the cat was seeing.

..the ghost is trying to help :lol:
♥the undead rule♥.$EmO\eLmO/gIrBaBy$. john riojas's♥baby♥girl

#8 ashken221

ashken221

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:09 PM

I have not heard voices over the monitor but I have seen orbs! The first couple of times I ignored it. Now it happens almost every night. My son is 26 months old he wakes up about twice a night fussing. One time he was actually holding his hand out saying "no no no" like someone was standing by his crib. My husband usually is the one to get him calm and back to bed because if I go over there he seems to get more upset and then doesn't want to let me go. So I stay and watch the monitor. About 30 seconds after my husband lays down and walks out of the room an orb will fly past the monitor! It actually happened twice yesterday! After I laid him down for his nap yesterday I came down stairs and turned on the monitor and one flew by. Then he woke up about 10:00pm last night and my husband put him down again and a really bright one went by. It kind of bothers me because if it was positive energy why is it disturbing my son's sleep and why is he afraid of it? I got chills when I came across you blog nd wanted to let you know that I am dealing with it also......

I have just found this website after having a very weird experience last night...I'll start from the beginning...My wife and I have lived in our house for nearly 6 years now, and have never thought anything about ghosts etc. The odd time our cat has been freaked out by nothing, and sat meowing at the ceiling etc...Four months ago, my wife gave birth to our daughter and since then odd things have been happening...We have a baby monitor that also has an infra red camera and a few weeks after putting her in the Nursery, I glanced at the monitor and could have sworn that somthing moved past the cot, I shot upstairs thinking there was an intruder, but nothing. I put it down to being paranoid as a new father etc...I mentioned this to my wife, and she was a bit freaked out by this, and said she was sure she had heared a voice occasionally when the baby was whining, going "sshh", but again she put it down to interference or something...Now the weird thing, last night we put our daughter to bed as usual, and she was in a right tis with herself, and took ages to get off to sleep. When we went to bed around midnight, she woke up and again started crying, after trying to passify her for a while, she went off to sleep, only to wake up again 2 minutes later. I was stood by our bed, and just looked at my wife and said "oh no, what a night we are in for" when a voice came over the monitor saying "sshh, sshh", with that my daughter started laughing and cooing, then went over to sleep...We both heared this and immediately I went in to my daughters room, and she just started crying again...If it had just been the voice we could have put it down to interference, but it was the way my daughter laughed, the same way she does in a morning when we go in to wake her up...Is it possible for ghosts of dead relatives to come into your house? I ask this, becuase a couple of weeks after my wifes father died, that was when the cat started acting up, and we joked that it was her dad the cat was seeing.

#9 over-the-view

over-the-view

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:25 AM

I don't believe that all spirits are bad but instead just like how they were in life. Some are bad and some are good. I believe that you are experiencing a good spirit. Your baby does not seem afraid and instead seems soothed by it. If she was acting scared I would be worried and would find some way to get rid of the spirit but to me it just seems like she has someone watching over her. Maybe it is your father in law watching over your little one :)
linked-sig-image

#10 Scout

Scout

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:09 PM

I have not heard voices over the monitor but I have seen orbs! The first couple of times I ignored it. Now it happens almost every night. My son is 26 months old he wakes up about twice a night fussing. One time he was actually holding his hand out saying "no no no" like someone was standing by his crib. My husband usually is the one to get him calm and back to bed because if I go over there he seems to get more upset and then doesn't want to let me go. So I stay and watch the monitor. About 30 seconds after my husband lays down and walks out of the room an orb will fly past the monitor! It actually happened twice yesterday! After I laid him down for his nap yesterday I came down stairs and turned on the monitor and one flew by. Then he woke up about 10:00pm last night and my husband put him down again and a really bright one went by. It kind of bothers me because if it was positive energy why is it disturbing my son's sleep and why is he afraid of it? I got chills when I came across you blog nd wanted to let you know that I am dealing with it also.

.See Rachel's post above.

#11 night child

night child

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Yhe paranormal:ghosts of course but also other things.

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:29 PM

Hello,yes it is possible for deceased relatives to visit those theyre related to,from my own personal experience. As for cats,I own one who and I know they see spirits even when people dont,again personal experience.My cat was asleep on the couch with me seated beside him,and he lifted his head and looked into the den,then put his head back down..I didnt see a thing then,but later I did,in the exact same part of the den he did. Seems from what you describe,its a nice spirit,benevolent,intelligent,interacting with your child. Its possible your cat saw someones spirit. Also possible if you do have a spirit that the infrared camera caught it,or it showed up on it. A theory is spirits suck energy from the air,creating cold spots.

#12 night child

night child

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Yhe paranormal:ghosts of course but also other things.

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

Hi,orbs can be dust,insulation,or spirits. But whatever the orbs are,theyre upsetting your child..You may wish to get the orbs investigated,and find out what you can about your home's history,who lived there how long,if anyone died in it,or anyone who owned it died,those kinds of things.And you may need to do whatever you can to make the child feel safer,and calmer,maybe even move him out of the room hes in till an investigation is done and some answers yielded.A paranormal investigator,hauntings investigator may be able to help.They can take temperature readings.A big cold spot may mean youve a spirit.They can check for elecromagnetic fields,with a EMF meter,which can indicate a spirits presence,by detecting large variances in the fileds. they can use infrared cameras which can also show a spirit is present,and they can take a tape recorder and see if any voices or sounds(EVPs) record.They ask questions,and often though nothing is heard then,later the recorder will have a voice or sound on it. If you do attempt this,be careful not to get into a habit of taking EVPS,as Ive heard it can open a door.But,still,a voice on a recorder can maybe shed some light. As perhaps can an investigation. If its positive energy it likely wouldnt disturb the child. At least,Im not upset by positive feeling energy from spirits. But negative energy doesnt feel good. But not all negative spirits are bad,some are simply sad or something like that.However,I suppose it is possible the orbs are simply dust or insulation,and the child is upset seeing them,just scared cause he doesnt know what they are. Are the orbs near a place where a vent is?or something where insulation may be or can come thru?Piped in insulation? Or possible dust from a hallway or something causes the orbs,judging from the path or them they take,and behavior of the orbs? Still,the fact the child wakes up and cries,seems hes sensing something before he even wakes. And orbs which are insulation or dust wont have presences to them.Seems your sons interacting with someone,and or possibly it is with him. has there been any renovations in your home,when did you see the orbs and this all begin? Do you notice any cold spots? Though again if near vents or drafty areas,might not mean a spirit.

#13 Faith'smomma

Faith'smomma

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

I had almost the same thing happen to me last night I have a 3 week old baby girl and i put her in the crib as normal and then i heard some noises on the monitor. i though nothing of it and then i heard giggling a child giggle and i jumped out of bed and my girl was sleeping and she is 3 weeks old mind you she does't giggle yet and I've been hearing crashes and stuff though the monitor and i'm not sure what to do? :blush:

#14 anna arcadius

anna arcadius

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:12 PM

When my son was about 3 weeks, I head an audible spirit voice over the baby monitor, you can read more of the details here:..http://psychicclairv...ral-occurrence/

#15 anna arcadius

anna arcadius

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:12 PM

I also saw orbs of light around his cot when I went up to him.

#16 Alicia4Peace

Alicia4Peace

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:41 AM

Wow! This is an interesting post. Even if your children seem fine, I can only imagine that this could have still freaked you out a bit. It reminds me of one of my favorite movies, "Stir of Echoes". Have y'all seen that one? It is very similiar to your experiences.. . What I like about this post is how you have brought different ideas to the table in order to explore various belief systems and possibilities to determine what could be happening. You have debunking ideas, theological thoughts, and personal experiences. You have explored your feels and emotions on the topic as well. I respect that you are discussing this in a peaceful way. That's a breath of fresh air if you know what I mean.. . These are all aspects of how I feel personally about the paranormal. As a Christian myself, am I wrong to be open to the possibility of the existance of ghosts? Are they all just demonic tricksters or maybe they don't exist at all and, instead, this are examples of our minds playing tricks on us? Could there be a psychological explanation? Could another possibility be that we all have free will and, when we die, we choose to go or to stay? Are some souls just confused, unwilling to except their own demise? Do others have unfinished business that they must make right before they go? Is this the definition of "limbo"? Could theses instead be angels sent to watch over us? Do ghosts actually exist and this is part of their journey to heaven or hell and perhaps it takes longer than an instant to make that journey?. . These are just questions that often leave me in wonder when I explore the topic of the paranormal. There is a part of me that feels kind of foolish when I think about this to the point that I would be embarrassed if anyone in real life was to discover that I consider such things and, then, there is that childlike curiousity within that makes me intrigued by such topics. I mean who doesn't like a good ghost story, right? In fact, I'm watching one on the Scyfy chan as I type this LOL. Please don't be insulted, I'm here after all and discussing this topic openly. I've even posted 3 stories.. . Thanks for thr discussion. May you all be safe :)

Edited by Alicia4Peace, 20 August 2010 - 12:46 AM.

A4P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users