11 replies to this topic

#1 NicnacWonders

NicnacWonders

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:25 PM

Hi Guy's. . I've been searching the Internet the past couple off days for a answer but can't seem to find one so i thought i'd ask you guys.. . Both me and my mum having been smelling the smell of burnt toast at different times? what does this mean?. . I've also been smelling whisky/brandy blown into my facewhen i walk in the front room and i keep accusing my mum of being an alcholic when she asures me that's she's not drinking. I've even got as bad as smelling her drinks.. . I have no explaination to this? please help me.

#2 NicnacWonders

NicnacWonders

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:37 PM

Have i posted this on the wrong forum?

Edited by NicnacWonders, 23 September 2008 - 07:24 PM.

#3 Megan_S_Lox

Megan_S_Lox

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:music, reading and writing.

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:32 PM

It takes awhile sometimes for people to answer lol ^^ Don't worry to much unless something dangerous happens. It could be your vent system, next time you smell it check the vents. Usually smells don't appear all of a sudden, since its more of a residual(spelling sucks) type.
I wanna hug a clown and fill my life with color and laughter

#4 Dannnnn

Dannnnn

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:55 AM

It takes awhile sometimes for people to answer lol ^^ Don't worry to much unless something dangerous happens. It could be your vent system, next time you smell it check the vents. Usually smells don't appear all of a sudden, since its more of a residual(spelling sucks) type.

.Good thinking :wub:

#5 NicnacWonders

NicnacWonders

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:08 AM

I live in a semi detatched house, and my side windows don't open nor my kitchen. No one liuves the attached side to me and the detatched side are never there. Our houses are quite wide so i don't think it's other neighbours!!!!!1. . I also keep smeeling whisky/brandy every now and then and it's not me as i can't stand the stuff! does this mean anything?

#6 Jason KB

Jason KB

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Playing Guitar (and writing a few songs here and there), watching some occasional television and checking out a movie from time to time, investigating and researching the paranormal.

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:36 AM

Just curious...when you smell the brandy, does that happen at any particular time of day, or is it random like the burnt toast smell?

#7 NicnacWonders

NicnacWonders

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:53 AM

it's mainly random times during the evening. and the burnt toast can be anytime during the day at the weekend!. . i'm off work at the moment and smelt it not more then 5 mins ago!

#8 Jason KB

Jason KB

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Playing Guitar (and writing a few songs here and there), watching some occasional television and checking out a movie from time to time, investigating and researching the paranormal.

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:01 AM

I wonder if it could be any type of household cleanser that has kind of embedded itself in any wood grain or something in the entrance way you walk through that gives off the smell of brandy, maybe? Ya ever sniff the walls? haha. Seriously though, the reason I ask this is because you seem to be the one smelling that when you walk in, so I'm just curious if there is some kind of smell imprinted in the walls, like would be the case with a cleanswer or old cigarette smoke, etc. The burnt toast smell is a little weird, too, though.. . Do you know anything about previous tenants, or the history of the home/land itself? I mean, I'm not telling you it's definitely something paranormal, but if all else fails, it might be worth looking into.

#9 NicnacWonders

NicnacWonders

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:18 AM

no i know our house was built a long time ago, the previous owners bought and moved into the house back in 1958 don't know anything more before that i'm afraid.. . the only cleansers we use are the lemon ones as i hate the smell of all the others. . . the brandy smell hit's me when i walk thought the front room door but has only started happening recently say the past year and the toast about the same time if not quite as long!

#10 Jason KB

Jason KB

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:19 PM

Very interesting.. . Well, I can't say for sure. But, if it's not an old smell engrained in the wood or the walls, and it isn't coming from the vents or from outside, or the carpet or just anything simple like that...it might be worth checking out the history of the home, just for the heck of it. That's not to say that these smells definitely have a paranormal source or anything though. But it just might be worth a look.. . If that is something you are interested in, or if you need some pointers to get started, feel free to send me a PM sometime.

#11 kermit

kermit

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:23 PM

I think I understand how you feel as I too smell random burnt toast smells. It's usually at night and it has happened in our modern house in amsterdam as well as our old cottage here in england. I only found this forum as I was googling burnt toast smells trying to figure out what it might be. I always had a feeling it was something unusual - ie. not a mechanical function - although those have been thoroughly checked out. You're not alone.

#12 night child

night child

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Yhe paranormal:ghosts of course but also other things.

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:48 AM

Hello.. Smelling scents such as foods,perfume,flowers,cologne,even cigars and such,really any scent which seems unaccounted for can be whats called matrixing,or even spirits. Matrixing: its like when you smell a scent and there seems be nothing to account for it but its coming from somewhere else. And smells can be misinterpreted by the brain as being another scent even.Matrixing scents can come from anywhere,outside,from another room,vents,attic maybe,etc. Also theres a psychic sense of smell,clairoma. If its not matrixing,or misinterpreting smells,a in body person connected to you broadcasting to you,(telepathy by the living)then it maybe a spirits way of saying its there,telling you something,or who it is.The smell is the clue.Also,with clairoma,it could be a spirit,or someone you think of then have the smell. The smell has to do with them.Telepathy possibly..someone connected to you is smelling it and it is being broadcasted back to you. If you smell the toast scent when you have gas only maybe thats a clue a spirit gives you for the gas..Burnt toast is good for gas. Whiskey or brandy? if thats a spirit then maybe its an alcoholic spirit, or a clue of soemone who owned a bar,or something like that.A clue as to what room it frequents is the place you smell the scent. Do you know the history of the place? Did some renovating?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users