• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Tanithellen

Tanithellen

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Cross stitch, crochet, reading, RPG, dreams of being a writer.

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:30 AM

I grew up in a small mining town on the north-west coast of Western Australia. The town was surrounded by rolling hills on one side and the ocean on the other. Needless to say, it was a beautiful place to live. It was my favourite past time to take a small tape player and a book bushwalking and curl up in a shallow cave. Actually, cave may be too generous a word, 'rocky overhang' would work better. Anyway, I couldn't help but notice that whenever a certain song came on, which was a favourite of mine to it got flogged non stop almost, I would exprience 'tingles'. These tingles were often accompanied by the sound of bootsteps on loose rock, or small rocks falling from above me. I was always alone on these little forays of mine, and the lack of any trees or bushes higher than knee height would have made hiding near impossible. . So I was wondering if anyone else had something respond to audio stimulation of any kind? The song was "Diamantina Drover" by John Williamson, an Australian country singer.

#2 Chase

Chase

Leader Of Luxuries

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Anything Fun; cinema, tv, theatre, art, hauntings... does that count?

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:21 PM

This is a very interesting concept... Some people say that you can trigger paranormal activity with music that is familiar to them or their era, a bit like having costumes from an era can induce spiritual activity from that era... Almost like encouraging the spirits to re-act..... . One famous ghost is that of Isabella Rosellini at Craig Y Nos in Wales, She apparently appears when her song is played back and there has been some very interesting evidence collected to prove that music can indeed encourage paranomal activity...
AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON!."A Truth Thats Told With Bad Intent, Beats All The Lies You Could Ever Invent..."

#3 Tanithellen

Tanithellen

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:06 AM

Oh bugger. You know, I was kinda hoping someone would say "Don't be stupid, it was probably wildlife!" lol. . I've always wanted to go back and see if it still works, a little hard now that I got two little boys and another on the way. But I'm going on holidays next year to visit friends that still live there, hopefully I'll find the chance to go back.. . Can anyone recommend anything else I should take with me? I've never attempted a ghost vigil before.

#4 Zeus

Zeus

Full Body Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:16 AM

Yeah, I know what you can take with you in case you freak out, a radio or something and play rock n roll man, any spirit will just go away, no dude, im serious, I'm a rocker myself, no i'm not on drugs.. . and I've had several experiences, and I eitehr way pray or play rock and everything goes away man , damn dude, that one time when a damn ghost pulled me out of my bed really sucked, and I prayed, other times i had my computer on and played some rock and it was gone again, hehe, ghosts dont like rock but, I've been told by various people, gothics mostly that they can feel stusff and sometimes see stuff when they play their own freaky music with their freaky lyrics, not just that, I know , knew these satanists who played their own stuff and they REALLY were screwed up, if you went into their house, you could feel the paintings staring at you, and if you slept over, you could put something in a place in the room you were in and the next day it would appear somewhere else, or you'd hear footsteps at night, or see shadows passing by.... . Well, I hope you get some real nice rock n roll tunes, I'd suggest AC/DC, or Scorpions, or Cinderella (my fav bands, ROFL) Cya!

#5 Chase

Chase

Leader Of Luxuries

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Anything Fun; cinema, tv, theatre, art, hauntings... does that count?

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:25 PM

Oh bugger. You know, I was kinda hoping someone would say "Don't be stupid, it was probably wildlife!" lol..I've always wanted to go back and see if it still works, a little hard now that I got two little boys and another on the way. But I'm going on holidays next year to visit friends that still live there, hopefully I'll find the chance to go back...Can anyone recommend anything else I should take with me? I've never attempted a ghost vigil before.

.LOL no such luck I'm afraid :tu: LOL ..If your attempting a ghost vigil it might be worth looking into protection measures etc just for your own peace of mind... don't worry its not as dramatic as it sounds :tu: lol... Also try and get your hands on a still camera and a camcorder (pref mini DV or above) so you can digitize any evidence you find and obviously with night shot :lol:..Otherwise just take what you feel what you need... A torch with many batteries is always a good idea too :D
AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON!."A Truth Thats Told With Bad Intent, Beats All The Lies You Could Ever Invent..."

#6 Tanithellen

Tanithellen

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:03 AM

That's so awesome, AC/DC is like a religion unto its own for my other half. LOL. But seriously, there's something disturbing about some of that 'satanist' music, I think they want demonic hauntings so much that they end up convincing themselves that they've got it, even if it is only in their head. *shudder* No offence meant to satanists or gothics, everyone's entiltled to their own.

#7 Zeus

Zeus

Full Body Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:00 AM

there's something that's been bothering me guys, is the ouija board real? does it actually work? I've never tried it and I'm NOT planning but.. but.. the people that dont believe.. they say that it's got somethign to do with your sub-mind or something.. and the ones that have tried it that I have asked swear it's real.. do you know if it's real?

#8 Tanithellen

Tanithellen

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:33 AM

there's something that's been bothering me guys, is the ouija board real? does it actually work? I've never tried it and I'm NOT planning but.. but.. the people that dont believe.. they say that it's got somethign to do with your sub-mind or something.. and the ones that have tried it that I have asked swear it's real.. do you know if it's real?

.I saw a documentary once, when the host wanted to test it. So he gathered together three witch/psychic/mediums, and asked them to contact a spirit. They claim they did so successfully, and as the whole thing was filmed it seemed so. But then to test it, he had them blindfolded to see if anyone was actually directing it. But unknown to the readers, he turned the board upsidedown.. They then proceeded with contacting the spirit again, and the marker went according to how they thought the board was. It was going to the wrong corner for 'yea' or 'nea'. But the guys were really into it and kept going, even though it was nowhere near the answers they assumed they were getting.. Since then, I have always discounted the board as anything but real. Depsite that, I still don't want to try it. :hmm:

#9 Chase

Chase

Leader Of Luxuries

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:01 PM

I saw a documentary once, when the host wanted to test it. So he gathered together three witch/psychic/mediums, and asked them to contact a spirit. They claim they did so successfully, and as the whole thing was filmed it seemed so. But then to test it, he had them blindfolded to see if anyone was actually directing it. But unknown to the readers, he turned the board upsidedown.. They then proceeded with contacting the spirit again, and the marker went according to how they thought the board was. It was going to the wrong corner for 'yea' or 'nea'. But the guys were really into it and kept going, even though it was nowhere near the answers they assumed they were getting.. Since then, I have always discounted the board as anything but real. Depsite that, I still don't want to try it. :hmm:

.Thats really strange... I wish I could've seen that.....Theres always lots of debate about whether Ouija Boards etc are a real or psychological phenomena... but at the end of the day the process of contacting spirits is a very subjective one... How can we measure ghosts? In short we can't until we understand the science behind it...

#10 Zeus

Zeus

Full Body Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:09 AM

Yeah chase, lol, SCREW the ouija board! it only gives you trouble! it's like drinking and smoking! screw it! right guys? righ.. right guys? . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

#11 Tanithellen

Tanithellen

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:35 AM

LOL :P Ain't never been anything wrong with the experiences of Wild Turkey... not that I can remember, anyhow.

#12 Zeus

Zeus

Full Body Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:42 AM

I love places that are haunted and ghosts dont wanna hurt you =). cause ghosts can be b****es sometimes

#13 Tiffeny

Tiffeny

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:57 PM

I've heard of old ballrooms and things of the sort being haunted and that images of old dancers in motion have been seen, but is that considered a residual haunting?
user posted image

#14 Chase

Chase

Leader Of Luxuries

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:16 AM

That's so awesome, AC/DC is like a religion unto its own for my other half. LOL. But seriously, there's something disturbing about some of that 'satanist' music, I think they want demonic hauntings so much that they end up convincing themselves that they've got it, even if it is only in their head. *shudder* No offence meant to satanists or gothics, everyone's entiltled to their own.

.No thats so true... why on earth would you want that to happen? It sounds to me like silly little children or men trying to be hard and impressive... If they glimpsed even 1% of the possible evil in the world, let alone satan, they'd be on the floor in tears!

#15 Gigan

Gigan

Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts
  • Interests:Horror, Godzilla movies and stuff, pizza, horrorpunk, industrial, electro, Zumanity, goth etc etc, Northern Traditions, Asatru, Folk tales, Japanese culture, Reon Kadena, Devil Man - Devilman Lady *grrrr* Mothman and The Flatwoods Monster.

Monsters from Planet X!

'While we may believe
    our world - our reality
    to be that is - is but one
    manifestation of the essence

Other planes lie beyond the reach
    of normal sense and common roads
    But they are no less real
    than what we see or touch or feel...'

"It is a happy man who is loved and liked by everyone..."

~ Ođinn, Hávamál

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:14 PM

No thats so true... why on earth would you want that to happen? It sounds to me like silly little children or men trying to be hard and impressive... If they glimpsed even 1% of the possible evil in the world, let alone satan, they'd be on the floor in tears!

..I think its more of a case of them wanting to take a stand against the norm, and be shocking. Heck, even Alice Cooper dabbled with all that imagery (and still does)...I wonder if ghosts listen to 'Don't fear the reaper....'? :w00t:
Metallic whine, amidst the pines,. Novembers' falling and the Fall is bringing something with it... {C}{C}{C}{C}. Posted Image. {C}{C}"entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"{C}{C}. . {C}{C}{C}{C}Beware of the 'lie' in 'Believe'...

#16 Zeus

Zeus

Full Body Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:26 AM

Alice Cooper Kicks ass man, I got his best dvd (in my point of view) which is the brutal planet Live Concert, it's SO awesome, ANY rocker would Love to have it :lol: :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users