11 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost-Mysteries

Ghost-Mysteries

Ghostly Presence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:59 PM

Posted ImageWhy do ghosts need clothes? No one really seems to know, but it’s possible that in most cases, ghosts seen wearing clothing are simply “residual” images – imprints or memories that linger on the atmosphere of a place like a recording. A ghost of this sort would have no “personality” and is simply like an old movie that just keeps playing. But what about ghosts that are not merely imprints? What about those which are true, traditional spirits who died and stayed behind? Many researchers feel that ghosts are made up of electromagnetic energy. This energy, inside of the body, forms what we call our spirit, soul or personality. Now, science cannot prove this energy or personality actually exists, yet we know it does. If it can exist inside of our bodies, then why can’t it exist outside of the body, once the body itself stops functioning? It’s possible that it does and that this electromagnetic energy contains our personality and is what we think of as our spirit... It has been shown through scientific experiments that exposure to high levels of electromagnetic energy can cause people to have vivid dreams, nightmares and even hallucinations. In other words, people are seeing things as a result of exposure to this energy...Posted Image View: Full Article | Source: About.com

#2 ....

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:40 PM

Good suggestions made in the full article.

#3 badassisa

badassisa

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:22 PM

Sounds like a bad case of LSD trip more to me LOL!

#4 raphnix

raphnix

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:55 AM

Yeah. It always makes me wonder why always see ghost in clothes which they "should" be nothing to wear or bring anymore since they're already spirits.

#5 Greygoat

Greygoat

Chupa Supper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:42 PM

If they are merely energy then why should they even wear bodies?. It is pointless to distinguish clothes and bodily form with ghosts. If a ghost has the capacity to set it's appearance as anything other than an amorphous blob then why should it not choose to be dressed in clothes if that makes it comfortable?
linked-sig-image

#6 Chupa

Chupa

Goat hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,255 posts
  • Interests:Life.

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:06 AM

Maybe because it's easier for them to 'choose' the clothes that they remembered wearing?.Let's then take a Victorian era ghostie, for example, seen in formal and elaborate clothing, adequate to the ages..And let's say that the most comfortable known piece of rag for the ghostie is some old-style pajamas, or for that case, biblical Adam's outfit..Now, would you choose to show off to people wearing pajamas or a fig leaf, if you were a ghost? :cry:.I wouldn't. Especially if I had no body any more that would suffer from the tight clothes pinching here and there........just a little humorous digression there :cry:

#7 Gigan

Gigan

Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts
  • Interests:Horror, Godzilla movies and stuff, pizza, horrorpunk, industrial, electro, Zumanity, goth etc etc, Northern Traditions, Asatru, Folk tales, Japanese culture, Reon Kadena, Devil Man - Devilman Lady *grrrr* Mothman and The Flatwoods Monster.

Monsters from Planet X!

'While we may believe
    our world - our reality
    to be that is - is but one
    manifestation of the essence

Other planes lie beyond the reach
    of normal sense and common roads
    But they are no less real
    than what we see or touch or feel...'

"It is a happy man who is loved and liked by everyone..."

~ Ođinn, Hávamál

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:43 PM

If they are merely energy then why should they even wear bodies?.It is pointless to distinguish clothes and bodily form with ghosts. If a ghost has the capacity to set it's appearance as anything other than an amorphous blob then why should it not choose to be dressed in clothes if that makes it comfortable?

.Amen to that! If that was the case, why would they have accents? or anything pertaining to their earthly, or physical form?..(good to see you again, btw :P )
Metallic whine, amidst the pines,. Novembers' falling and the Fall is bringing something with it... {C}{C}{C}{C}. Posted Image. {C}{C}"entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"{C}{C}. . {C}{C}{C}{C}Beware of the 'lie' in 'Believe'...

#8 WickedRaven

WickedRaven

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Taunting, sticking gum in peoples hair, laughing at other's misfortune (it's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it ), chugging coffee.

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

Moreover why are there so many ladies in white? Soooooooooo generic. Or soldiers uniform. Please, why not a clown outfit? Or bermuda shorts? Period clothes might sound more romantic I suppose. But Aunt Mable who died in her big ugly caftan deserves to be seen.
Demons are a girls best friend.

#9 twidway09

twidway09

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Coffee and conversation

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:20 AM

Buying the avatar clothes is just like buying a soda. You dont need it and it doesnt really do nothing more than to appease you. You could live off water and other things but sometimes you just want a soda.

#10 georgek

georgek

Ghostly Presence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:29 AM

Posted ImageWhy do ghosts need clothes? No one really seems to know, but it’s possible that in most cases, ghosts seen wearing clothing are simply “residual” images – imprints or memories that linger on the atmosphere of a place like a recording. A ghost of this sort would have no “personality” and is simply like an old movie that just keeps playing. But what about ghosts that are not merely imprints? What about those which are true, traditional spirits who died and stayed behind? Many researchers feel that ghosts are made up of electromagnetic energy. This energy, inside of the body, forms what we call our spirit, soul or personality. Now, science cannot prove this energy or personality actually exists, yet we know it does. If it can exist inside of our bodies, then why can’t it exist outside of the body, once the body itself stops functioning? It’s possible that it does and that this electromagnetic energy contains our personality and is what we think of as our spirit... It has been shown through scientific experiments that exposure to high levels of electromagnetic energy can cause people to have vivid dreams, nightmares and even hallucinations. In other words, people are seeing things as a result of exposure to this energy...Posted Image View: Full Article | Source: About.com.

.This is theory, and the rest experience...Pretty much why I still have a mod cut, and slightly longer side burns? Memories feed into the subconscious mind and remain the personality of the person...Very much like partial brainwashing and forums based on many years of upbringing.. If I start talking about UFO occupants and how they are dressed, most people will 'switch off', (somthing tells me, that they have already?...hmmm :cry:) Although true, it would be futile trying to explain views that cannot be accepted! I am afraid, that I don't hold a lot of respect for Stephen Wagner, besides other things...In order to be accepted, one must conform. Or if you don't particularly care, and have lost a lot of respect, like I have, then you just strut your stuff and await those with enough understanding to speak...Of course, some etheric shells are residual, and are unaware of 21st century surroundings! Other spirits just roam the astral, without ghostly bodies; but as no one can see them, so they don't exist!..They only exist, to those expecting them to look like they were. It is also suprising to many, that there could be; at least three spirits in every household. The ones that can't be seen, don't exist, and the ones seen are questioned!..Generally, most spirits are superior to us, and a lot just cannot be bothered. Even I bore them at times, as they find me 'curious'. ..They literally have no clothing, only that which they wish to wear, particularly the UFO occupants, who are always SPIRIT..The grays, that people talk about are DRONES (or biological robots) NO UFO occupant would come to earth, but instead get their robot crew to perform tasks!..There are spirits, and there's spirits. Some are highly evolved, and are god like. Others are more mundane, and some are just lost...George

Edited by georgek, 29 March 2012 - 02:37 AM.

#11 HelloFox

HelloFox

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Sounds like a bad case of LSD trip more to me LOL!.

.^^ seconded.

#12 fantailmoon

fantailmoon

Ghost Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts
  • Interests:anything odd and weird..lol

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

simple answer is we see them in the form we are most comfortable with....sometimes how they remember being ....they i believe see us as a light form and sometimes those able to will see them in this form too like people with the gift to ...i think it is just an individual thing x
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users