28 replies to this topic

#1 Zeus

Zeus

Full Body Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:22 PM

This video was also posted on the main page at U-M, and is Very Very interesting, don't know what to think of it I just hope it's not a real witch!!...Video > http://www.youtube.c...cUBQ&autoplay=1

#2 fantailmoon

fantailmoon

Ghost Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts
  • Interests:anything odd and weird..lol

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:03 AM

it is a balloon...they found out later....
Posted Image

#3 Zeus

Zeus

Full Body Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:12 AM

then it better be a Very good balloon that can also appear in the town's people's homes to freak'em out and hover around up and down like that and stuff :w00t: . . PS - Nowadays All ufo's and all flying things Turn out to be Balloons? I mean it's what I'm seeing in the threads at U-M and I'd like to think of that Idea too but balloons fly Yes, but not in such defiend ways, Unless it was an RC Balloon but I've never seen one.. Either way a balloon would be a logical explanation for this, but I doubt the town's people and news people are as dumb as to not have noticed it.

#4 fantailmoon

fantailmoon

Ghost Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts
  • Interests:anything odd and weird..lol

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:55 AM

yes i agree that they saw other stuff but if i find the link i will post it of this paticular flying thing to be a balloon...someone was having fun at the expense of the other sitings....
Posted Image

#5 Polderheks

Polderheks

Ectoplasm

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:58 AM

Real witches are actually very friendly Zeus :w00t: ..It's actually quite interesting...the whole flying witches thing. There is an ancient recipe with certain ingredients ("flying-ointment"). Here's a link on the matter.

#6 Zeus

Zeus

Full Body Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:32 PM

Real witches are actually very friendly Zeus :w00t: ..It's actually quite interesting...the whole flying witches thing. There is an ancient recipe with certain ingredients ("flying-ointment"). Here's a link on the matter.

.Very interesting find polderheks, but sadly I don't even know if witches exist or what to see in a woman to categorize her as a witch, or a man as a wizard, One funny thing is that, I've never seen a wizard fly around in a broom, but I've seen witches? don't men like to fly too? well not in real life of course but in tales, myths and tv shows I've seen this....It's a nice recipe on how to make a substance to fly around, then again polderheks, if it was true I'd be trying it right now.. but what do you think of the vid ? do you think it was a balloon ?

#7 Polderheks

Polderheks

Ectoplasm

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:57 PM

Don't try it...belladonna is a very very toxic plant and when used wrongly...well it won't do you any good. And yes witches exist, but that's a completely different subject.. . Personally I don't believe witches or wizards fly around. I personally think the object caught on tape is a balloon.

#8 Guilty_By_Ignorance

Guilty_By_Ignorance

Ghostly Presence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:My son, music (playing it (drums)and listening to it). Primarily melodic death metal, black metal and progressive. All aspects of ghost hunting.

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:14 AM

I would have pulled out the sniper rifle and done some target practice, then I could really find out what it is lol.
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown..

#9 Minty Freshness

Minty Freshness

Yum-yum Gum in my tum-tum-tum!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:Smelling good,growing and sunlight.

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:53 AM

I agree with Fan, it looks like a balloon to me. Sure floats and moves like one.
Double your pleasure, double your fun,.With Doublemint, Doublemint, chewing gum!."Would you like some Tea dearie?".Admitted tea addict..

#10 Zeus

Zeus

Full Body Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:07 PM

I would have pulled out the sniper rifle and done some target practice, then I could really find out what it is lol.

.it would've sucked if instead of it blowing up it just came right at you! lol!

#11 Polderheks

Polderheks

Ectoplasm

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:57 PM

Not a balloon but ehhhrmmm a uhmmm thing

Edited by Polderheks, 09 March 2008 - 10:58 PM.

#12 Zeus

Zeus

Full Body Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:02 AM

Not a balloon but ehhhrmmm a uhmmm thing

.Yup, lately LOTS of things have been made to make humans fly, and that's a good example polderheks, that's a more explainable solution to me. :rolleyes:

#13 Saru

Saru

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:13 AM

I'm really not sure what this thing is, I don't think it's a 'witch' but an exact explanation escapes me. It does look a bit like a balloon or some other inorganic object with some propulsion behind it.

#14 Gigan

Gigan

Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts
  • Interests:Horror, Godzilla movies and stuff, pizza, horrorpunk, industrial, electro, Zumanity, goth etc etc, Northern Traditions, Asatru, Folk tales, Japanese culture, Reon Kadena, Devil Man - Devilman Lady *grrrr* Mothman and The Flatwoods Monster.

Monsters from Planet X!

'While we may believe
    our world - our reality
    to be that is - is but one
    manifestation of the essence

Other planes lie beyond the reach
    of normal sense and common roads
    But they are no less real
    than what we see or touch or feel...'

"It is a happy man who is loved and liked by everyone..."

~ Ođinn, Hávamál

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:35 PM

It moves a little too deliberately for a balloon though, surely?. . This isn't actually the first video of 'flying humanoids' thats floating around the net. Darn creepy! :lol:
Metallic whine, amidst the pines,. Novembers' falling and the Fall is bringing something with it... {C}{C}{C}{C}. Posted Image. {C}{C}"entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"{C}{C}. . {C}{C}{C}{C}Beware of the 'lie' in 'Believe'...

#15 Zeus

Zeus

Full Body Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:48 PM

I agree with most of you when it must be a floating device, but not a balloon because Usually Balloons need a LOT of air (helium) , that means that they need a LOT of space to carry very little weight, like this one ..Posted Image.. while the image of this floating "person" is holding up clothes, hats, a stick which is a supposed broom, and probably the columns to give it the shape of a human, IF it's not a living creature.. If it's a device then it's a really cool one! cause most jetpacks built these days by the army and such are just TOO big!!

#16 S.P.E.C.T.R.E.

S.P.E.C.T.R.E.

Poltergeist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:31 AM

To me there are 2 seperate items here, the flying thing...( you can speak of a UFO here!.... unidentified flying object!) & the encounter these policemen had..The witch.... hmmmm. :cry: .. I once saw a balloon in the shape of a smurf (no kidding) .... and it behaved almost in the same way as this witch does!

#17 Saru

Saru

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:12 PM

It just seems to move too smoothly for my liking to be a creature, I think it's more likely to be some flying contraption made up to look like what the local people would believe to be a witch.. . Either that or a balloon of some sort that has been caught by a wind current and blown across the hills in one direction, not a large helium balloon but a small one or cluster of small ones perhaps.

#18 Gigan

Gigan

Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts
  • Interests:Horror, Godzilla movies and stuff, pizza, horrorpunk, industrial, electro, Zumanity, goth etc etc, Northern Traditions, Asatru, Folk tales, Japanese culture, Reon Kadena, Devil Man - Devilman Lady *grrrr* Mothman and The Flatwoods Monster.

Monsters from Planet X!

'While we may believe
    our world - our reality

~ Ođinn, Hávamál

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:41 PM

Actually if you do a bit of digging on YouTube under 'flying humanoids' there is a video on there somewhere of a flying one-man platform prototype developed by the army, and there is a demonstration of it. It's almost identical to how this 'witch' moves.. . Oh, and Zeus, those balloons don't use helium, its hot air ;)
Metallic whine, amidst the pines,. Novembers' falling and the Fall is bringing something with it... {C}{C}{C}{C}. Posted Image. {C}{C}"entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"{C}{C}. . {C}{C}{C}{C}Beware of the 'lie' in 'Believe'...

#19 S.P.E.C.T.R.E.

S.P.E.C.T.R.E.

Poltergeist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:43 PM

Witches are not the only ones flying around in Mexico.....http://tr.truveo.com...s/id/3790150992

#20 Gigan

Gigan

Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Monsters from Planet X!

'While we may believe
    our world - our reality

~ Ođinn, Hávamál

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:43 PM

in fact, i'll save you the trouble, here it is:.... ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users