15 replies to this topic

#1 miss merry

miss merry

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:57 AM

Hello all. I have all my life been able to smell 'phantom' odors that I believe are ghosts. Example: tonight at work , I work in a 33 year old hotel in Georgia, a customer was talking to me, it was very late and she is young, and seemed beside herself. We walked outside and talked and it was getting cold so we went back in, and she began telling me a tragic story of what is her life, she is here now because of a fire, the home was destroyed, it was her boyfriend's guardian's home. Her mother and grandmother ( her only support) both just died in the last 4 months. She was telling me that she has been unable to cry over the losses, and as she was talking, I was being overwhelmed with the scent of Magnolia's! It was getting stronger and stronger, and the feeling that her mother was with us and listening to her, I could feel her mother's heart breaking, as though it were my own pain. I felt compelled to tell this young girl that her mother is with her now, and asked if she could smell the magnolia's. The girl burst into tears, holding her hand over her mouth she asked me what did I say about magnolia's, she couldn't smell them but wanted to know why I said that, I told her that as she talked about her mother I was smelling them, and she had to sit down and regain her composure. I went around the desk to her and comforted her, as she told me that Magnolia was her mother's favorite flowers and scent, and that her casket had been draped in a magnolia wreath, when she was to be buried the girl had asked the graveedigger to please place the wreath into the grave intsead of just laying it on top. Her mom was also holding a magnolia in her hands inside the casket. . . I think it helped her to free her emotions to hear that her mother is with her still. She seemed so relieved afterward, instead of talking about all the negative events in her life she started to talk about going back to school, making up with her estranged half sister, and other positive moves she needs to start making. She walked away very happy.

#2 ....

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:18 AM

Welcome here at GM. It was very interesting to read about your special ability. That is something really different. Keep telling us more about your experiences with the phantom odours :w00t:

Edited by SUPERKICK, 03 December 2007 - 11:19 AM.

#3 *LITTLE dreamer*

*LITTLE dreamer*

Ghostly Presence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:jesus christ.....<br />my husband and my beautiful daughter ;)

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:50 PM

Welcome here at GM. It was very interesting to read about your special ability. That is something really different. Keep telling us more about your experiences with the phantom odours :tu:

Just want to say, you can defentily smells ghosts, I smelled my grandma loads of times after her death, I smelled her old clothers, sometimes her perfume and stuff. The dead are most of the time around to guide you. :tu:

#4 Hades

Hades

Master of Necromancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:54 PM

Well, it does sound authentic, but there's always a hole in each story that involves scents. Somrtimes, people can smell different things that aren't familiar to them but in their minds they regester them as something familiar. Another possibility was that there was a sourse of this scent in the house from an adimate object that gave an impression.. . Tips for Investigators: Its important for any investigate any smells. Try to find out a source, don't always come to a conclusion of a phantom odor.

Hades."Never underestimate the power of the paranormal"

#5 fiendo

fiendo

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:59 PM

i smell dead people!. . . eeww...... . . (sorry, couldnt help myself..)

#6 Hades

Hades

Master of Necromancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:59 PM

nice one Fordo

Hades."Never underestimate the power of the paranormal"

#7 Laura

Laura

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Scientifically investigating alleged hauntings, sharks, shooting pool, photography, music, traveling, art, roman mythology, etc.

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:58 AM

I've experienced a phantom smell once, (it smelled exactly like fresh picked green apples) & it lingered for several minutes. At the time, I was the only one in the residence & there were no cleaning supplies, automatic or plug-in air freshners similar in scent. Although I walked throughout the entire house, I only detected it in one particular area.

#8 Rosemary

Rosemary

Poltergeist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:01 AM

Just want to say, you can defentily smells ghosts, I smelled my grandma loads of times after her death, I smelled her old clothers, sometimes her perfume and stuff. The dead are most of the time around to guide you. :tu:

. That is how Ghosts tell us who is around them by sending out smells from the past but Ghosts in themselves can be anywhere they choose to be and no one will smell them or know they are there unless they choose to have you know this... For example your relative may send you aromas of apple pie, or roses or almost anything that will help you identify who is around you... I'm sure many of us have also heard Psychic Sylvia Browne tell people this in a reading... The reason Psychics tell people these personal things in readings is so they can identify these things for themselves in their everyday lives.

#9 *LITTLE dreamer*

*LITTLE dreamer*

Ghostly Presence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:01 PM

I'm gonna say something rude, but my granny did not smell nice at all! Forgive, but she had this typical old person smell, so no too pleasent memories.. But she was a very nice person. Our papers in our room always smelled like her, her nightgown what she died in was for a very long time in our wardrobe, it smelled for years after that just like that dead smell. Creepy. :tu:

#10 miss merry

miss merry

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:11 AM

To the poster who was considering that it may have been something around me putting off the odor of magnolia's, I have had this happening to me all my life. Investigating the source of the scent is something that I rarely do anymore, it isn't there. And in this case I assure you, there were no magnolia's anywhere around. It was genuine, I just wanted to share the experience with this forum. . . I am also very good at remote viewing, and I 'see' things before they happen at times. I have an amazing 'ghost' picture of myself, while pregnant, only I lost the baby in my 7th month. It shows clearly a head and shoulders sticking out of my stomach, like a person protruding from my belly, only the person is all black and seems to have horns, curled up and close to the head, but horns nonetheless. I don't share that photo often, it always gives me the creeps, because I did lose my baby, I have always wondered about that black figure, was it something evil that took my child? The story is a lot more complicated than just what I have written, there are a more mysteries surrounding the pic and my loss, however I am just pointing out that paranormal occurances in my life seem to be the norm for me.

#11 Laura

Laura

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Scientifically investigating alleged hauntings, sharks, shooting pool, photography, music, traveling, art, roman mythology, etc.

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:04 PM

I'm sorry for the loss of your child. ..

To the poster who was considering that it may have been something around me putting off the odor of magnolia's, I have had this happening to me all my life. Investigating the source of the scent is something that I rarely do anymore, it isn't there. And in this case I assure you, there were no magnolia's anywhere around. It was genuine, I just wanted to share the experience with this forum. .. I am also very good at remote viewing, and I 'see' things before they happen at times. I have an amazing 'ghost' picture of myself, while pregnant, only I lost the baby in my 7th month. It shows clearly a head and shoulders sticking out of my stomach, like a person protruding from my belly, only the person is all black and seems to have horns, curled up and close to the head, but horns nonetheless. I don't share that photo often, it always gives me the creeps, because I did lose my baby, I have always wondered about that black figure, was it something evil that took my child? The story is a lot more complicated than just what I have written, there are a more mysteries surrounding the pic and my loss, however I am just pointing out that paranormal occurances in my life seem to be the norm for me.

#12 Ember

Ember

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 02:07 AM

Question....Has anyone experienced or heard of smelling something familar that is connected with a person BEFORE they died?. . The reason I ask is, a little over a year ago, my first husband and father of my oldest son, committed suicide. He was a raging alcoholic to say the least. A year before, he was in the hospital dying because of it, he healed a bit after 4 months of being in the hospital and was released, barely even able to walk without a cane, only at 38 years old. Needless to say, he started drinking again, but now it was whiskey instead of beer. Apparently, he couldnt take the pain of it all anymore (though the pain would of subsided if he would of stayed away from alcohol and took his meds), and took his own life.. . A week and a half before he committed suicide, i smelled alcohol when i laid down in bed, and I mean really strong, terrible smell. I remember thinking, oh god Steve, what did you do. He was the only person that ever had that strong stench of alcohol. It lasted a couple of minutes and slowly disappaited. A couple of days later, when I got home from work, i could smell it again. My son had a few of his friends here and I had asked him if any of them were drinking and he said no. I asked him if he could smell that and he said no. Then it moved from the kitchen to the dining room. My son thought I was nuts as I was going from room to room sniffing the air, lol. Needless to say, it wasnt around him or his friends, so he wasnt lying about that, but no one else could smell it but me. All of a sudden it was gone again. A few days later, he killed himself. I think I smelled it once right after that, but it wasnt as strong as before. I figured it was him saying goodbye, but who knows.. . I was just wondering if anyone has ever experienced something like that before.

#13 miss merry

miss merry

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:54 AM

I smell my father's cologne scent, it was called Aramis, I don't know if they even still make it now, but it was a smell that was distinct, and he always wore it. He died in 1984 at 52 years old, and ever since his death I will periodically smell it, and I always notice it comes just after I get a feeling of sadness, like I am sad but I don't know why, then the smell comes. I have been told that the sadness is something we all feel when a loved one passed is in our presence.

#14 *LITTLE dreamer*

*LITTLE dreamer*

Ghostly Presence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:41 PM

my grandma used to wear, exclamation perfume, don't know if you know it,. after her death I smelled it a couple of times in certain areas in our home...

#15 KentuckyVelvet

KentuckyVelvet

Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts
  • Interests:I love books. My friends and family tell me I am addicted to the written word and I am inclined to believe them. Mostly I like horror - Stephen King, Dean Koontz and the like - but I will read almost anything. I also love to write fiction and my dream is to one day see my name on the cover of a book. How sweet would that be??

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:08 PM

There is this one spirit that comes around me. Its a man and sometimes people see him in my car and I see him at home sometimes. I always know when he's around because just before I see him, I almost always smell oranges. Isn't that strange? I have no idea who he is but he's around quite a bit. I will smell oranges and then I'll start hearing foot steps or just feel him there.
*Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the mornings, Satan shudders and says, "Oh Hell! She's awake!"*

#16 Damien

Damien

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:13 PM

I can, at times, still smell my grandfather's tobacco pipe and my grandmother's perfume

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users