Photo

Ed and Lorraine Warren: Genuine or Fraud?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Zane Zackerly

Zane Zackerly

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:43 PM

Over the years I've heard many tales of Ed and Lorraine Warren. Some are convinced that they are genuine; others accuse them of being frauds.. . What information do you have?

#2 Saru

Saru

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:53 PM

I've never actually heard of Ed and Lorraine Warren, but having looked them up it appears that they've had a long and distinguished career in the field of paranormal investigations and suchlike, among other things.. . I suppose their genuinity can be somewhat influenced by your own opinions on spiritualist mediums, psychic abilities etc.

#3 darkknight

darkknight

Destroyer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:09 PM

Over the years I've heard many tales of Ed and Lorraine Warren. Some are convinced that they are genuine; others accuse them of being frauds...What information do you have?

tales(depends on what you looking for) can be misleading. the debate over somebody claiming to be paranormal experts can be questioned...why' the proof factor.

#4 _Nyx_

_Nyx_

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:I'm weird...'nuff said......

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:11 PM

Were they associated with the Amityville Horror case? The names sound familiar.
user posted image

#5 darkknight

darkknight

Destroyer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:12 PM

Were they associated with the Amityville Horror case? The names sound familiar.

yep...thats them.

#6 Saru

Saru

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:28 PM

The 'Official Warrens Website' has quite a lot of information about them...- Click Here -..In particular the "About the warrens" page contains an extensive background.

#7 Zane Zackerly

Zane Zackerly

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:19 PM

The 'Official Warrens Website' has quite a lot of information about them...- Click Here -..In particular the "About the warrens" page contains an extensive background.

..If they ARE frauds, though, I hardly think their website would be very objective...(I'm not saying they're frauds...you get the idea.)

#8 darkknight

darkknight

Destroyer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:25 PM

so you almost think they might be frauds...

#9 Zane Zackerly

Zane Zackerly

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:52 PM

so you almost think they might be frauds...

.All I'm saying is that I've heard rumors to the effect.....The 'Amityville Horror' keeps popping up as a suspected fraud...

#10 darkknight

darkknight

Destroyer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:54 AM

facts can be misleading but' at same time can be real too.. only proof will being real facts.

#11 Welsh Shaun

Welsh Shaun

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:48 AM

They are known for a lot more than just the Amityville Horror, but because this place gets its bad press they do also. I am not saying they are genuine but some of the hauntings which they have been related to are pretty hard to debunk, because of the first hand accounts of them and the hauntings.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.". - Mark Twain ..."The important thing is not to stop questioning.". - Albert Einstein

#12 Carla

Carla

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:45 PM

I find the warrens genuine iv read or seen most of there cases. I think there the most genuine ghost hunters iv ever seen. Especially the Annabelle case I found that very fascinating, so yes I believe there genuine. I read ed and Lorraine’s explanation to the rumours that Amityville was a hoax and found them very believable.

#13 Rakshasas

Rakshasas

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer.<br />Wiccan <br />Ghosts and the Supernatural<br />Music<br />reading

Posted 24 November 2005 - 12:54 PM

I think you have to view their findings and make up your own mind.Some of the investigations they have done are very believable.

#14 Gigan

Gigan

Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts
  • Interests:Horror, Godzilla movies and stuff, pizza, horrorpunk, industrial, electro, Zumanity, goth etc etc, Northern Traditions, Asatru, Folk tales, Japanese culture, Reon Kadena, Devil Man - Devilman Lady *grrrr* Mothman and The Flatwoods Monster.

Monsters from Planet X!

'While we may believe
    our world - our reality
    to be that is - is but one
    manifestation of the essence

Other planes lie beyond the reach
    of normal sense and common roads
    But they are no less real
    than what we see or touch or feel...'

&quot;It is a happy man who is loved and liked by everyone...&quot;

~ Ođinn, Hávamál

Posted 29 November 2005 - 11:59 PM

I see the Warrens as nothing more than investigators of the paranormal. To that end I don't have a problem. What I do have a problem with is the whole 'demonology' slant they always seem to squeeze in somewhere. Ed apparently is one of the few 'recognised' demonologists by the Vatican (I believe). I find some of their statements on their site simply laughable. would probably give them a wiiide berth. Very suspicious IMO.
Metallic whine, amidst the pines,. Novembers' falling and the Fall is bringing something with it... {C}{C}{C}{C}. Posted Image. {C}{C}"entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"{C}{C}. . {C}{C}{C}{C}Beware of the 'lie' in 'Believe'...

#15 Caeser

Caeser

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:58 AM

I haven't yet met the Warrens though I did meet John Zaffis who is really cool and helps out many ghost hunter/ investigators. I think Lorraine is the real deal though I'm not really sure about Ed, he just seems to think that most hauntings are demonic.
All About Mysteries .Profiling the Unexplained.All About Ghosts should be ready soon....In Search of Ghosts

#16 Gigan

Gigan

Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts
  • Interests:Horror, Godzilla movies and stuff, pizza, horrorpunk, industrial, electro, Zumanity, goth etc etc, Northern Traditions, Asatru, Folk tales, Japanese culture, Reon Kadena, Devil Man - Devilman Lady *grrrr* Mothman and The Flatwoods Monster.

Monsters from Planet X!

'While we may believe
    our world - our reality

~ Ođinn, Hávamál

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:41 PM

I haven't yet met the Warrens though I did meet John Zaffis who is really cool and helps out many ghost hunter/ investigators. I think Lorraine is the real deal though I'm not really sure about Ed, he just seems to think that most hauntings are demonic.

..yep, someone has an unexplainable knocking sound heard, he would come along and tell them its a 7th level demon trying to possess them! :lol: (an exaggeration I know, but it seems that he always falls back on the demonic tag)..Sounds more like a dungeons and Dragons session! :tu:
Metallic whine, amidst the pines,. Novembers' falling and the Fall is bringing something with it... {C}{C}{C}{C}. Posted Image. {C}{C}"entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"{C}{C}. . {C}{C}{C}{C}Beware of the 'lie' in 'Believe'...

#17 Caeser

Caeser

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:53 AM

LMAO yeah well said. I just find it odd how they can find so many demonic hauntings where some inverstigators find nil
All About Mysteries .Profiling the Unexplained.All About Ghosts should be ready soon....In Search of Ghosts

#18 Gigan

Gigan

Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Monsters from Planet X!

'While we may believe
    our world - our reality

~ Ođinn, Hávamál

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:05 PM

LMAO yeah well said. I just find it odd how they can find so many demonic hauntings where some inverstigators find nil

.I think you just answered your own question :lol:

#19 thecreeper

thecreeper

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:anything parnormal or odd and video games

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:27 PM

All I'm saying is that I've heard rumors to the effect.....The 'Amityville Horror' keeps popping up as a suspected fraud...

Amityville has never been somethimg I hold to be true and I watched this thing on TV about the couple couldnt prove they were fakes though.
paranormal, Ha what you call paranormal I call tuesday...I fear nothing, not counting bees.

#20 Memelz33

Memelz33

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:my kids, paranormal anything-(of course..lol), my college education, reading any and all horror/mystery/scary/true crime books I can get my hands on, tinkering with computers, fixing broke stuff-(i like to take things apart..lol), drawing, computer graphics/making siggys, and much, MUCH more......

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:08 PM

Heres something i found awhile back concerning the Warrens and a Dr.Stephen Kaplan....i thought this was interesting......heres another link concerning Dr.Kaplan as well.........GRS--A Letter to the Warrens..Horror Or Hoax
linked-sig-image
"To those who don't believe(in ghosts),NO amount of evidence will convince them;to those who believe,NO evidence is necessary"--anon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users