Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

Photo

Haunted Houses - OverNight Stays?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Zeus

Zeus

Full Body Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:27 AM

GlamRock - under photographic analysis forum I posted a bunch of pictures from the Crescent. I am sure you looked at them by now but either way that is where they reside.

.I want to see the one you said was Super creepy.. there's lots of pics to look at..

#22 Gigan

Gigan

Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:19 PM

In my opinion the Amityville Horror was a true haunting but nonbelievers have tried to naysay it and discredit the work of the Warrens whom I believe were Paranormal Researchers and did the best they could to convince a nonbelieving skeptical world about the truth of these things.

:rolleyes: .Rosemary, even the people involved admitted it was all a pre-fabricated story to make some money! When they moved into that house, they realized that they were living beyond their means and set up the whole thing to get press attention and to make money from the story... nothing to do with being a non-believer... the current residents at that location have had no problems with spirits, and neither did the supposed victims of the 'Amityville Horror' when they moved on elsewhere.....I never discredited the fact that the Warrens where Paranormal Researchers, just not very convincing ones. Calling yourself a 'demonologist' starts discrediting yourself anyway, in my opinion.
Metallic whine, amidst the pines,. Novembers' falling and the Fall is bringing something with it... {C}{C}{C}{C}. Posted Image. {C}{C}"entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"{C}{C}. . {C}{C}{C}{C}Beware of the 'lie' in 'Believe'...

#23 Vemkeit

Vemkeit

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:46 PM

:rolleyes: .Rosemary, even the people involved admitted it was all a pre-fabricated story to make some money! When they moved into that house, they realized that they were living beyond their means and set up the whole thing to get press attention and to make money from the story... nothing to do with being a non-believer... the current residents at that location have had no problems with spirits, and neither did the supposed victims of the 'Amityville Horror' when they moved on elsewhere.....I never discredited the fact that the Warrens where Paranormal Researchers, just not very convincing ones. Calling yourself a 'demonologist' starts discrediting yourself anyway, in my opinion.

.I agree with you Gigan Like I said before I don't believe Paranormal Researchers to be demonologist, I for one do Paranormal Researchers and investergations but I would never call my self a demonologist in any way shape or form, yes I have seen things but how can you say its a demon spirit, when you don't even know your self, unless you can prove it, this 'Amityville Horror' thingy was all setup and I know that my self, sorry but I'm on Gigan side with this one, and just because Lorraine Warren says she can talk to the spirits or hear them it doesn't mean shes a demonologist.... Psychic Research yes maybe but demonologist not to likey..that's my veiws anyway.

#24 Gigan

Gigan

Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:51 PM

I heard that they were 'officially recognised' demonologists as well.... :rolleyes: . . But yes, I agree with you Vem, you could suggest something to be possibly 'demonic' (and when I say that, I mean more malevolent or violent, not something with horns and a pointy tail) but in the sense of 'this is Shub Niggurath we're dealing with here....'. . . ...no!
Metallic whine, amidst the pines,. Novembers' falling and the Fall is bringing something with it... {C}{C}{C}{C}. Posted Image. {C}{C}"entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"{C}{C}. . {C}{C}{C}{C}Beware of the 'lie' in 'Believe'...

#25 Zeus

Zeus

Full Body Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:01 PM

:huh: .Rosemary, even the people involved admitted it was all a pre-fabricated story to make some money! When they moved into that house, they realized that they were living beyond their means and set up the whole thing to get press attention and to make money from the story... nothing to do with being a non-believer... the current residents at that location have had no problems with spirits, and neither did the supposed victims of the 'Amityville Horror' when they moved on elsewhere.....I never discredited the fact that the Warrens where Paranormal Researchers, just not very convincing ones. Calling yourself a 'demonologist' starts discrediting yourself anyway, in my opinion.

.That's interesting gigan there's people living in amytiville now? that's weird.. well I guess I can believe it's not haunted since it's actually a liveable place.. man.. and I thought it was abandoned..

#26 Rosemary

Rosemary

Poltergeist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:52 AM

I agree with you Gigan Like I said before I don't believe Paranormal Researchers to be demonologist, I for one do Paranormal Researchers and investergations but I would never call my self a demonologist in any way shape or form, yes I have seen things but how can you say its a demon spirit, when you don't even know your self, unless you can prove it, this 'Amityville Horror' thingy was all setup and I know that my self, sorry but I'm on Gigan side with this one, and just because Lorraine Warren says she can talk to the spirits or hear them it doesn't mean shes a demonologist.... Psychic Research yes maybe but demonologist not to likey..that's my veiws anyway.

. About a week or so ago Lorraine Warren told me that Demonologists cannot force spirits from a body or a house that it can only be done with the help of a priest.. I am personally waiting for a Priest to prove that he himself can do it.

#27 Luna

Luna

Bad Moon Rising

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:47 PM

That's interesting gigan there's people living in amytiville now? that's weird.. well I guess I can believe it's not haunted since it's actually a liveable place.. man.. and I thought it was abandoned..

.I had heard that they turned part of the house into a tourist trap museum of sorts, and filled it with haunted and possesed items that they collect. Like the stuff in the creepy ebay stuff thread. Don't quote me on that though, just something I remember seeing awhile back on some travel channel halloween special
This post is not a subliminal message. If you start randomly beating yourself upside the head later, it is not because of this post. I promise...--------------------------------------------------.The moon, like a flower,.In heaven's high bower,.With silent delight,.Sits and smiles on the night.

#28 Gigan

Gigan

Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:00 PM

I think that the people there now want nothing to do with it, as they even remodelled the house so its harder to distinguish it. They were getting sick of the tourists!

#29 Zeus

Zeus

Full Body Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:00 PM

I think that the people there now want nothing to do with it, as they even remodelled the house so its harder to distinguish it. They were getting sick of the tourists!

.I see gigan, but whoever got the house must've been real lucky or real unlucky, cause the house could've been sold at low prices because of the "ghosts" but it could've also been sold at high prices because of the fame, Man, either way, haunted or not, I myself would hate to live in amytiville, ROFL I can imagine it, waiting for my friends to come over to help me in some huge project due tomorrow and someone rings the door "HELLO THERE!! IS THIS THE AMYTIVILLE HORROR HOUSE?! OH MY GOD I'M SO EXCITED" I mean, what could I tell that someone? "piss off!" that'd be mean! poor famous people lol

#30 SammyTerry

SammyTerry

The GhoulFather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Subnormal, <br />Abbynormal<br />Flirting with the women<br />SciFi &amp; Paranormal type movies,<br />Racing/ Nascar(don't you judge me).<br />collect a bunch of different stuff...<br />Oh...and midnight walks in a CemeTery with my Fiends<br />and of course, <br />the &quot;Ghost Mysteries&quot; site....

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:56 PM

I had heard that they turned part of the house into a tourist trap museum of sorts, and filled it with haunted and possesed items that they collect. Like the stuff in the creepy ebay stuff thread. Don't quote me on that though, just something I remember seeing awhile back on some travel channel halloween special

....this sounds more like the Lizzy Borden place...?

#31 Zeus

Zeus

Full Body Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:49 PM

....this sounds more like the Lizzy Borden place...?

.you lost me there sammy brother.. what's that ?

#32 SammyTerry

SammyTerry

The GhoulFather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Subnormal, <br />Abbynormal<br />Flirting with the women<br />SciFi &amp; Paranormal type movies,<br />Racing/ Nascar(don't you judge me).<br />collect a bunch of different stuff...<br />Oh...and midnight walks in a CemeTery with my Fiends<br />and of course, <br />the &quot;Ghost Mysteries&quot; site....

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:52 PM

you lost me there sammy brother.. what's that ?

You never heard of;. Lizzie Borden took an ax.Gave her mother forty whacks;.When she saw what she had done.Gave her father forty-one!..go here brother bear.http://www.hauntedha...zzieborden.html

#33 Zeus

Zeus

Full Body Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:49 PM

You never heard of;. Lizzie Borden took an ax.Gave her mother forty whacks;.When she saw what she had done.Gave her father forty-one!..go here brother bear.http://www.hauntedha...zzieborden.html

.I'm reading it, what a creepy story man! lol

#34 Vemkeit

Vemkeit

Orb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

Nice one SammyTerry I have visited this place, I don't have any really good picture but The place is said to be haunted, I was there years ago I have never been back since, but I do know some people that I work with have been there and they say they have got some pictures of thing there but I haven't talked to them in about 6 months, Hamilton, ONT is very haunted along with other locations though out ONT, I live in a city that is said to be haunted, in Pickering, Ajax's area, I'm surprised you know of this story... :huh:

#35 ghostlygoddess

ghostlygoddess

Ghostly Presence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:03 PM

That's interesting gigan there's people living in amytiville now? that's weird.. well I guess I can believe it's not haunted since it's actually a liveable place.. man.. and I thought it was abandoned..

nope definatley not abandoned and they even changed the "infamous" windows!!!!

#36 ghostlygoddess

ghostlygoddess

Ghostly Presence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:07 PM

I'm reading it, what a creepy story man! lol

glammy im appaled uve never herd of good ole lizzy borden :huh: they have a documentary movie about her, they found her innocent altho they found blood on her dress, in which the courts deemed it red paint on her dress...... the whole thing was weird but yes supposivley very haunted!, thats one of my dream spots because its a bed and breakfast, and u can stay in any of the rooms.............muuaahhh

#37 SammyTerry

SammyTerry

The GhoulFather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:29 AM

glammy im appaled uve never herd of good ole lizzy borden :huh: they have a documentary movie about her, they found her innocent altho they found blood on her dress, in which the courts deemed it red paint on her dress...... the whole thing was weird but yes supposivley very haunted!, thats one of my dream spots because its a bed and breakfast, and u can stay in any of the rooms.............muuaahhh

.Here' the link to the bread and breakfast( oh and besure to have your volume up )..http://www.lizzie-borden.com/
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

#38 Zeus

Zeus

Full Body Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:32 AM

Here' the link to the bread and breakfast( oh and besure to have your volume up )..http://www.lizzie-borden.com/

.yeah the song, oh the song sammy, also, what was the movie called, theone they released based on her story ?

#39 Catseye

Catseye

Rhiannon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:22 PM

yeah the song, oh the song sammy, also, what was the movie called, theone they released based on her story ?

It's 2 hours away from where I live, but I've never been there. I liked too. :angry2: :angry:
"When ending a day you should never say "I could have", I should have", or " I would have". At the end of the day you should always say "I did."

#40 SammyTerry

SammyTerry

The GhoulFather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:20 PM

yeah the song, oh the song sammy, also, what was the movie called, theone they released based on her story ?

The only one I recall is "The Legend of Lizzie Borden, 1975 with Elizabeth Montgomery" made for TV movie
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users