Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

"7" shaped anomalies

"7" shaped anomalies

these are weird.. they are shaped like sevens...

Sevens? looks like hebraic script to me..... but i'm no expert..might ask goathead...
    It is obvious there is a lot of movement in this picture - meaning the camera. The 'sevens' are street lights that are distorted because the camera is in motion at the time the picture was taken. I'm sure that is not what you want to hear but that is certainly what it looks like - we have to use rational thought and exhaust all other options before we declare something is paranormal. This photo is just way to easy to debunk.

It is obvious there is a lot of movement in this picture - meaning the camera. The 'sevens' are street lights that are distorted because the camera is in motion at the time the picture was taken. I'm sure that is not what you want to hear but that is certainly what it looks like - we have to use rational thought and exhaust all other options before we declare something is paranormal. This photo is just way to easy to debunk.

.If the camera is moving and its the streetlights causing the "7"'s, then how come the road signs are fine??
    If you understand how a camera works, it's simple.. . Because the road signs are unlit (lit by refractive/reflective light) the film (or processor) needs to be exposed longer to capture the image. Slight motions of the camera will not be very noticeable, as long as for the duration, they were kept relatively in focus. But you can still see their 'ghost' (sorry for the pun) images above. Moving in the same arc as the streetlights. The motion of the camera was in a '7' shape.. . Because the street lights are very bright by comparison, the camera picks them up very sharply, and any motion of the camera will seem much more drastic. . . Any pictures shot in near darkness really must use a tripod or other common photog tricks to have any kind of veracity.
    Photo
    bettercarpenter
    Aug 27 2007 02:29 AM
    The street signs are not "fine" look closer they also are blurred, just not as enhance since they require light to illuminate and the lights are slef illuminated.
    Street signs
    Photo
    numberonesupergirl
    Jul 09 2010 03:12 PM

The street signs are not "fine" look closer they also are blurred, just not as enhance since they require light to illuminate and the lights are slef illuminated.

.because if flash was used, tbeing reflective they are will lit, the light trails happen just after or just before the flash goes off.