Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

Ontario camping trip

Ontario camping trip

Submitted by Erin.Hi, This is a photo taken while camping June 23rd 2007 in Ontario Canada. There was 5 of us there, 1 person was taking the picture. When we looked at the picture the next morning we noticed the 2 faces next to both girls in the picture. We don't know who they are, no one else was near us. . .3 of us are avid photographers and have never seen anything like this before. . .We are a little curious as there is a small old cemetery across the street from the campground. We are currently trying to find more information about the photo.. .Thank-You very much,

Looks like someone snuck into the picture :) . Normally I would go " Hold the camera steady next time" or " Shaky hand ghost pic'". but seeing how everything is pretty much in focus.. I'll have to say "genuine". . Thanks,. . (Zophim is no expert nor a trained professional, but merely an enthousiast. who likes to look at these things, ah the weary eye)

Looks like someone snuck into the picture :) .Normally I would go " Hold the camera steady next time" or " Shaky hand ghost pic'".but seeing how everything is pretty much in focus..I'll have to say "genuine"..Thanks,..(Zophim is no expert nor a trained professional, but merely an enthousiast. who likes to look at these things, ah the weary eye)

..This is definetly not genuine. The people in the pic appear to have been duplicated by a camera flaw. If you look closely to the right, you can make out a hand holding a bottle of some sort... guess what! There is someone in the picture holding a bottle and the "ghost" hand appears to be holding it in the same direction!..Also, the face to the far left appears to be the face of the 2nd female to the left. How it ended up all the way to the right, I have no idea, but bears a resemblance to her. Nothing to worry here folks, it was a camera flaw.
    Well, I looked at it again and noticed the sigarette-hand( to the left)is doubled too.. You could be right, that this is some sort of double/overlapping frame deal.. I don't see the resemblence you speak of, they look like different faces then those. of the "real" people.. Also the faces( there are more of 'em,then that there are people in the pic') are at. a different angle.. That's what makes me believe it's a real one, but I'm no expert ( as stated before)
    Yeah. My ex-girlfriend has a lot of pictures like this. Fire light and digital cameras don't tend to play well together. My best guess is that it has something to do with the light source constantly moving during the exposure and reflecting off the lenses, but I can't honestly say for sure.. . These pictures are always a lot of fun to look at, though. I really enjoy seeing what effects pop up.
    Photo
    Ghost-Mysteries
    Jul 03 2007 09:53 AM
    Enrique's analysis of this picture:..Click Here.
    Ya, unfortunately, I dont think it's genuine. I have a picture my Dad took one day of us sitting in a coach (mom and I) and the camera duplicated us and blurred us. It looks sooo bizzare, unfortunately, it was camera distortion or something...

Ya, unfortunately, I dont think it's genuine. I have a picture my Dad took one day of us sitting in a coach (mom and I) and the camera duplicated us and blurred us. It looks sooo bizzare, unfortunately, it was camera distortion or something...

.I saw your analysis, I yield..I also talked to my photographer friend today, he said this can happen with a digi-cam.if you shoot pic's at night with candle, fire or other flickering lights... :)
    holy **** i have to say this scared me~~~~~!!!!!!! :lol: haha wow!! Ive had instances where ive taken a picture and its delayed and my face goes all smeared and i look ghostly... but ive never had this before where someone actually shows up like that holy crap....
    Since this was taken at night, its a high probability that it is merely a long exposure. When the light is insufficient(depending on the settings), the camera compensates by leaving the shutter open for a longer period of time, even if a flash is used. The flash captured everyone as posed, and then they moved, causing the fainter trailing type of pictures. This also is responsible for the light trails. Sorry, it is just a function of the camera.
    Photo
    narcoleptic-insomniac
    Jul 19 2007 04:05 AM
    I dont disagree that those particular accidents with cameras cant happen, BUT the two very manly looking ones in the back dont look anything like the two girls.