Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

The Brown Lady

The Brown Lady

The Brown Lady.The most famous ghost photograph of them all - the Brown Lady of Raynam Hall, England. It was taken by two photographers from Country Life magazine who were filming the Hall at the time, and observed the ghost "floating" down a staircase.

beautiful picture!

.Well I don't know about this dust theory I've never heard of that one, I have heard theories of being a case of lights playing tricks on the camera. But I've never heard anyone being able to "prove" it's fake only theories we all know theories aren't always proof.
    How many photographs are the most famous photographs ever?
    Photo
    Guilty_By_Ignorance
    Feb 01 2008 09:06 PM
    I totally believe this one is real.
    Photo
    YourOpheliac
    Feb 27 2008 08:14 PM
    I love the picture. <3
    i have heard of that one to :tu:
    Photo
    StillASkeptic777
    Mar 24 2009 08:44 AM
    I will say again.. . why dont they put a picture of this "brown lady of whoever". and put it next to this one so we can compare this picture to her actual picure.. That would help out alot dont ya think?. neways....
    Photo
    ScarletSantiago
    Jun 14 2009 05:27 PM
    Freaky, love this picture!
    Photo
    commonsense
    Aug 29 2009 12:49 AM
    very cool picture!
    When I was 12 I found a book in our attic that used to belong to my dad and it was about haunting. This was one of the pictures in the book and I can tell you that this picture and the story of the Brown Lady of Raynham Hall was the one that got me hooked on the paranormal.