Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

Photo

New here.....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BK63

BK63

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:21 PM

Sorry if this ends up being kind of long.  I've lost a lot of relatives over the years.  I've had a tough time the past 5 years since my dad passed.  He was my right arm.  We did everything together and I think of him a lot.  My kids are grown and I've been divorced 20 years and am pretty much alone.  I do the best I can to get by in life but sometimes.....  I've had too many strange things happen to just keep ignoring them.

I had an uncle that had a bad heart.  I used to go to his house every week and cut his lawn for him.  Afterwards I used to sit and drink a soda and he would talk about different things.  I noticed a cool breeze coming from his heater vents but he had no ac in the house.  He explained you can turn on the blower on the hot air furnace and it will blow in cool air from the basement.  I had the same kind of furnace and he often said how he would come over and show me how to do that.  He passed soon after that.  A few years later I was visiting a relative in the area and was taking the back roads home.  I decided to drive by his house just to take a look.  I remembered our conversations about the furnace and started talking out loud to myself in the car, saying well I guess you can't show me that furnace thing now.  I went home and decided to start my weekend laundry.  As I went to the basement the furnace was running.  I didn't think much of it.  An hour later I went back to the basement to put my laundry in the dryer and the furnace was still running but no heat in my house.  It was spring so I really didn't need heat anyway.  I had assumed I just forgot to turn it off and would let it run it's cycle.  Then I noticed the air ducts were cold and assumed the furnace was malfunctioning so I called the repair company as I have a furnace contract.  The guy called back and asked me which position the blower switch was in.  I thought he was talking about the thermostat and said I don't have that kind of thermostat or ac in the house.  He said no I'm talking about the blower switch on the furnace.  I had no idea what he meant.  He told me to take the front cover off the furnace, and to squat down and look up in the corner.  There is a thermostat for the blower and a switch that says automatic and manual.  In automatic mode it turns the blower on and off.  In manual mode you can turn the blower on if you want to vent the house.  I had never in 30 years even looked into the furnace.  I pushed the switch to auto and the blower shut off.  He said sometimes people turn it on to cool the house or vent it out after a party if people had been smoking.  I hung up the phone and then instantly realized, now I know how to turn that blower on.  There is no way this switch could have switched on it's own.  I have no other explanation than my dead uncle.

This morning I was in my bathroom combing my hair, looking in the mirror.  I'm the only one at home.  To my left is a towel rack.  Out of the corner of my eye, I very distinctly saw a white dove, one wing very clearly with feathers.  I would not of thought much of a flash like that except that it went towards the towel, and when I turned my head to look, the towel was now swinging back and forth on the towel rack.  I'm standing there, looking at this towel, asking myself, is it really moving?  And it was.  I'm really wondering what this means?  I don't talk about this stuff with people at work because I don't want them to think I'm nuts. 

#2 Still Waters

Still Waters

Poltergeist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:50 AM

Hello and welcome to GM :)

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, I too have lost a lot of relatives over the years, the most recent being my mum three months ago.

Your experience seeing a white dove, I was wondering if the towel was also white in colour and your mind could have been playing tricks on you. It was a very unusual happening but even if a dove did fly in and brush against the towel I wouldn't consider that to be anything paranormal or add any special meaning to it. Is there any way the bird could have got in like an open outside door or window? We have doves here they're relatively common, had a young starling in the house once but that's another matter.

As for the furnace I don't know what to say about that. It's possible it developed a fault which affected the switch somehow, 30 years is a long time, anything could happen in that time especially with something prone to breaking down.

attach0056.jpg

#3 BK63

BK63

Ectoplasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:24 PM

The dove I saw vanished as it went into the towel and then the towel started to swing on the rack.  No physical bird got into my house.  I was in a closed bathroom with no windows. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users