Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

Menin Gate apparition

Menin Gate apparition

Submitted by Tomb.We have been touring the Ypres Salient region (Belgium) during the last few days. As you might know, many World War I battles were fought there. One of the great monuments to remember this war is the Menin Gate in Ypres, so last saturday a few of our group wanted to have some pictures taken before we'd leave.. .Taking pictures at night is always a difficult task, but I think I managed to portrait my friends well enough. Well, at least we can see who they are ;-) The attached picture struck me. My mate Fred (Frederic) is posing in front of one of the galleries of the monument. The walls of the galleries have names of soldiers missing in action carved into them. I really didn't pay any attention to the background as I was trying to get Fred to stand still and look into the camera. When checking the result on the lcd of my digital camera (olympus E300) I saw a figure in the gallery. I am a bit puzzled on this one. I am pretty sure that nobody else was visiting the monument at that hour (11PM). . .I've resized the image to 1024x768 format but I also have the original should you want it. We may have had a bit too much to drink that night (as it was our final night in Ypres), but I'm quite sure that my camera was sober.

Photo
    Minty Freshness
    Jul 27 2007 10:45 AM
    I don't see any apparition.
    Photo
    babymomma1382
    Aug 03 2007 05:10 AM
    I see it, and it is creeeeepy! But I have no suggestions as to what it could be, except a GHOOOOOST! Seriously, this pic gave my the creeps!
    Photo
    narcoleptic-insomniac
    Aug 07 2007 03:10 PM
    I see a slight face in the middle pillar, is that what you are talking about?
    Photo
    Berserk Fury
    Aug 12 2007 07:29 PM

I see a slight face in the middle pillar, is that what you are talking about?

.I believe he's referring to the dark object that's in the background off to the left, between the first and second pillar, and the 2 poles inbetween. it appears to be wearing a hood and is somewhat transparent unless it was walking on the other side of the wall. Creepy picture..
    I see the hooded object.. . I can make out a face, a manly face in the first pillar to the right, 2 rung up to the left hand side.. Do you see it?
    Photo
    bettercarpenter
    Aug 27 2007 02:36 AM
    Well what I am about to say is going to start the arguement, I was in Belgiam once for leave, being from the midwest I found it to be cold even though it was sunny. So my question is where is his coat or yours. It looks a jacket hung up not a ghost.
    a walking ghost, cool! or a person behind a curtain..
    too many red bulls cyclops!