Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

Newgrange face

Newgrange face

this was taken recently at Newgrange in Ireland,.the tour group had yet to be let into the burial chamber, and where taking pics from the outside.(mid morning.).After this pic was developed, the face looking out was noticed(it was about a week after).it looks like some one standing in the door way, but the photographer swears there was no one, yet to go inside..This picture has been cropped down to make an easy upload..taken with a standard 35mm manual camera.

I had to stand and look at this from a different angle, as its not totally apparent straight away, well the blob is, but not the details. When I got a better look at it, it looked somewhat fake to me, as it seemed to pixellated, compared to the sharpness of the rest of the image.... . what does everyone else think?
    Do you know if this was a tomb of a man? I do agree with Gigan, it does look pixilated compared to the rest of the picture. I blew the pic up to 200% and can see more details of the man. He has a scar on the bridge of his nose and has a beard and mustache. You can also make out his right ear. To me it also looks like his right arm is up resting on the wall maybe I looked at it to long and I am seeing things but.... . . Are you sure no one was standing in the tomb? If this is real, great capture!!!!
    Yep... I see the scar and the arm( and the head).. But to be honest the word "photoshop" went thru my mind.. Yet it looks great, it gave me a chill and since it's a bronze/stone( or older)-age. burial mount I'm a bit bias( I love to visit them).. I'm honestly not sure.
    i would be really p... off if this was a fake, the original photo is in my paws, a close friend gave it to me, he is a total unbeliver in the paranormal, and he took this shot recently, just handed me the print...going to make his life miserable if he is having a gag at my expense....but i'm sure he fears me enough not to play games...lol..
    I'm sorry, but it's a fake.. Your friend tried to fool you.. If you have an LCD-screen,stand up and look down on the zoomed-in picture.. You'll clearely see the outlining of the heads picture and what I allso thought. was an arm, is actually an post in the left wall.. It's pretty sloppy, because photoshop has an smudge-tool you can use to. blend in the outlining of a frame with the background.. Perhaps you should give'm a thrashing for trying to pull one on you. :cry:
    intresting though,. and the "face" does look sort of familair.....cant figure out how to make the scan i did of the photo larger though.... had the impression it was just some one standing in the door....
    Looks a little like Chris Rea!. . :unsure:

Yep... I see the scar and the arm( and the head)..But to be honest the word "photoshop" went thru my mind..Yet it looks great, it gave me a chill and since it's a bronze/stone( or older)-age.burial mount I'm a bit bias( I love to visit them)..I'm honestly not sure.

.Dingdingdingding! We have a winner! I took this image into Photoshop and toyed with the curves adjustment layer feature. I learned in a college course that it was a great way to bring out the detail that darkness tends to hide. Lo and behold, the "blob" is really a cutout of a head, which was (in my opinion, pretty skillfully) blended into the tomb. The problem was he didn't make the resolution the same, and didn't blend well enough to leave room for question. No doubt, it was a freaking creepy image, until I decided to try to debunk it - which I have never really done. I put the edited image up on http://img256.images...9271copyli1.jpg . Copy and paste that, you'll see. He just used an already creepy face to make a potentially creepy scene really freakin creepy. I say good job to him!
    WOW! Great job!!!
    Haha I didn't even believe it was real before you could proove it. it's waaay to clear too me