Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

Gettysburg ghost

Gettysburg ghost

We had spent all day on the battle field of Gettysburg, PA and decided to go ghost hunting in the graveyard near the battle field. We caught several orbs and a couple of pics with some fog in them. It was a clear night and no fog at all. To make sure the camera was working right we also took pictures out side our hotel and in the room the same night. The only weird stuff was in the graveyard. I don't know but I believe there was something in the graveyard. There was a feeling of sadness there and I was uneasy the whole time. I was raised very close to a graveyard so that was not it. We never seen or heard anything but I was freaked out the whole time I was there. This is one of the photos we got with the fog in it.

Everyone seems to freak out at graveyards.. Wich I find pretty strange 'cuz they're all dead and the majority( well all of 'em). didn't even die there.. Its just a field with rotting corpses and remains.. Personally, city centers freak me out, they're all ALIVE and DO stuff!. The wailing moans of; "BUY", "BUuUY", "CONSUUuUME".. Oooh, the horror..... . :)
    I think in the case of places like Gettysburg there is an exception to the rule, in that a lot of the soldiers were actually buried where they fell, so its very possible to have activity in this case. . . When I first saw it I was straight away thinking 'breath mist', but judging by the tree having its leaves and the person there only wearing a shirt, its obviously warm out, so I am little stumped, although if it was the early hours, it could be damp in the air.... . Any other takers?

I think in the case of places like Gettysburg there is an exception to the rule, in that a lot of the soldiers were actually buried where they fell, so its very possible to have activity in this case. ..When I first saw it I was straight away thinking 'breath mist', but judging by the tree having its leaves and the person there only wearing a shirt, its obviously warm out, so I am little stumped, although if it was the early hours, it could be damp in the air.....Any other takers?

.Thats great, just crush my dream. But it was 84 degress and no one smokes and it was not raining and that is not the only one with fog. Out of 30 pic taken 4 had fog and were all taken in differnt parts of the graveyard. This one had the most fog, thats why i posted this pic. I am not one to walk in a grave yard and think, oh ghost are here. Acually I am very sceptical, so for me to even think this might me something other than the obvious, well believe me I we went through everything trying to figure it out.

I think in the case of places like Gettysburg there is an exception to the rule, in that a lot of the soldiers were actually buried where they fell, so its very possible to have activity in this case. ..When I first saw it I was straight away thinking 'breath mist', but judging by the tree having its leaves and the person there only wearing a shirt, its obviously warm out, so I am little stumped, although if it was the early hours, it could be damp in the air.....Any other takers?

.Thats great, just crush my dream. But it was 84 degress and no one smokes and it was not raining and that is not the only one with fog. Out of 30 pic taken 4 had fog and were all taken in differnt parts of the graveyard. This one had the most fog, thats why i posted this pic. I am not one to walk in a grave yard and think, oh ghost are here. Acually I am very sceptical, so for me to even think this might me something other than the obvious, well believe me I we went through everything trying to figure it out.

.Oh yeh it was about 11:45 pm. Maybe 12:00
    Hmm, you see that Gigan.. All the newbe's are quick on the defence( sometimes aggressively even). thinking we're mocking 'em, wich is not the case, believe me.. . I'll be so bold and speak on behalf of the forum( I'll accept the wrath of Saruman).. GM is an openminded discussion forum wich does not rule out any possibility.. Everyone here just hands you an option, a course of events that they feel might be. the cause of your spooky capture.. These are not condemnations or judgements, but merely thoughts of ghost enthousiasts. like you and I gathered on this forum.. We postulate.... . Z.. . ps. Okay, mine tend to be a tad too sarcastic, but I'm growing... as an orb.

Hmm, you see that Gigan..All the newbe's are quick on the defence( sometimes aggressively even).thinking we're mocking 'em, wich is not the case, believe me...I'll be so bold and speak on behalf of the forum( I'll accept the wrath of Saruman)..GM is an openminded discussion forum wich does not rule out any possibility..Everyone here just hands you an option, a course of events that they feel might be.the cause of your spooky capture..These are not condemnations or judgements, but merely thoughts of ghost enthousiasts.like you and I gathered on this forum..We postulate.....Z...ps. Okay, mine tend to be a tad too sarcastic, but I'm growing... as an orb.

..I was not on the defense Gigan and if I was defensive I do apologize because I am not one to care what other people think. I was only explaining or should I say letting yall know what the conditions were at the time the picture was took and please I haven't been a "newbie" in years, maybe to this site, but thats just about it. Its all friendly and your correct, it is only judgments calls and I knew there would be skeptics and thats cool, I'm one.
    ( It is I, Zophim, the one you've quoted). . Ow s(family site)t, presumptuous me... bad Zophim.... Gigan is the 30 foot....... well....... Gigan( with Glen Danzig on his shoulder).. Me, I'm blabbermouth lil' Zophy( the all straining eye).. . Welcome to GM :) . . Z.
    Photo
    leeslaughtr
    Jul 31 2007 12:34 PM
    Well I'm not a skeptic I know there are things on this earth noone has any knowledge about including so called finding scientific reasons.Experience the paranormal then we can talk.To those of you you know who I'm talking about. <_<
    Photo
    bettercarpenter
    Aug 24 2007 04:05 AM
    O.K. I'll try to be gentle. You openly admitted that there were other pictures with the fog, 4 of 30 if I am right. Just becuase it does not always show up, as it takes the correct angle to catch, it was moisture in the air. Be it fog or humidity or even disturbed pollen. But at 84 deg. at midnight, you were in a warm and moist climate zone (I think the southeast to lower midwest) more than likely you got a flash reflection from moisture. Sorry no proof of spirits here
    Looks like a case of famous thread bantering to me.. . . I think it is a genuine ectoplasm.. Great shot and I hope to see more from you.. . Thanks for sharing. 5 stars.