Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

Guisachan House, Scotland

Guisachan House, Scotland

Submitted by Ross.This photo was taken in 2005 outside the ruined Guisachan House in Scotland. The photographer is convinced he accidentally caught his own tobacco smoke. But is it really just smoke or are these really spooks? The smiling man in the midst of demonic figures looks spookily like Archibald Hall, the serial killer who murdered and dumped one of his victims not far from the house.

this looks like a LOT of hair >.<
    Great pic, to the top right the screaming figure and Archie in the middle.. Sig' smoke or not it all looks very creepy and of course the location and. the history does contribute to the whole picture.. Lovely..... ^_^
    Photo
    Spookshooter
    Jun 06 2007 07:19 AM

Great pic, to the top right the screaming figure and Archie in the middle..Sig' smoke or not it all looks very creepy and of course the location and.the history does contribute to the whole picture..Lovely..... ^_^

.I agree, Zophim - it's a great picture. I took it by accident and what makes it spooky for me is the fact that it looks like a good artistic composition. The human figure is the very centre of the photo, surrounded by demons. If white here is evil, black is by implication good. The silhouetted figure in the foreground (bottom left) appears to stand between us and the spooks as a kind of good guardian. Top right, the silhouetted chimney stacks resemble a broken crucifix. These dark images form a diagonal line of symmetry, on the right of which we find the man, the major demon, and a minor demon peering over the man's shoulder. To the left of the line of symmetry there is an unformed mist. It's a beautifully balanced composition, full of nuances. The black and white tone is dramatic and so is the background...I'm also intrigued by the details in the picture. The major demon has shrivelled arms and legs as well as a pubic area. The man is smiling, a wonderful contrast. Hall is said to have possessed great personal charm in spite of his monstrous actions. It seems very appropriate therefore that the man in the picture smiles in the midst of demons. Hall was a butler. Where else would the ghost of a murderous butler hang out if not at a ruined mansion, near where he killed and left one of his victims? The face has a curious likeness to Hall's. You can Google Archibald Hall to find a picture (there is one at Wikipedia)...Yes, it's a very spooky picture. What are the chances of taking a similar photo in a similar setting? Almost nill, I should think. Smoke can easily assume the appearance of grossly distorted figures, but a distinctly human figure in the middle of it all is quite extraordinary, particularly in that setting. And it's a beautiful composition despite the fact that it was accidentally photographed. That is truly extraordinary...Spookshooter
    I would be dissapointed if it really was a cigarette smoke. Nice one!
    I think this is some sort of smoke, camp fire, cigars, cigarette, cloves, pipe whatever. However the face is neat.
    Photo
    bettercarpenter
    Sep 06 2007 05:23 AM
    smoke fog , breath, no spirits
    If there is a ghost in there, he's probably pissed at all the cigarette smoke getting in his eyes... :yes: