Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

Wilmington ghost

Wilmington ghost

Wilmington ghost.Submitted by Christine Nastasi.We recently purchased some land in Northern Wilmington which had an abandoned house/inn on the property. The house was not in suitable shape to preserve since it was abandoned (with many items still within the house) for 15 years or more... We tore down the house and then built our new house across where the previous building had stood. Soon after we moved in the house, we were told by a person who grew up in the area that there used to be a haunted house nearby where we built and possibly even on our property. Rumor had it that the house was built on an ancient Indian burial ground - although I find this part of the story harder to believe. In any case, a few days later (Jan 21, 2006) I was taking pictures of the day's beautiful sunset. I then decided to take a picture of the backyard - which is the picture I am submitting. It was a warmer than usual evening - but I was not aware of any fog in the near vicinity. When downloading my pictures, I noticed the mist in (only) this picture and given what had been told to me earlier in the week, I thought it may be interesting to share with others who may have more experience with photos such as these and may offer a possible explanation. The picture has not been altered in any way, with exception of decreasing its pixels. Any thoughts regarding the picture would be greatly appreciated.

fog
    YEs, it looks very much like fog.
    Photo
    LeViaTHaN74
    May 19 2007 01:59 PM
    right. fog creates two faces with the same expression ?. look very carefully. at the tree on the left where the trunk meets the roofline..theres a face there. theres another face directly to the right of that in the same position, under the tree on the right. just under the branch that juts out to the left. it looks like the same face, but somewhat larger.
    Photo
    leeslaughtr
    Nov 27 2007 02:54 PM
    I see an orb right in the ecto mist so to me there may be a sprirt lingering.You stated there wasn't any fog and examining the pic I agree.good cap :yes:
    Photo
    Guilty_By_Ignorance
    Feb 05 2008 02:11 AM
    looks like fog, just stating the obvious
    well I can see a mans face right in the middle there.. looks like 4 or 5 entities.. as long as there was no one smoking .. . . Cool pic tho . . Good luck =]
    It looks authentic-good pic
    Photo
    numberonesupergirl
    Aug 23 2010 03:32 PM
    By your description of this pic it was taken in January, now correct me if I am wrong but January would be one of the colder months. Does it not occur to anyone that its breath hitting the cold air?