Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

Faces in the dark ?

Faces in the dark ?

Submitted by Jessi.My roommate and i took a picture in our apartment that had lots of orbs in it. So we got curious, and turned off the lights and our flashes and took more pictures. The first one is from my digital camera. It's in the corner of our apartment by the microwave stand. The top part of the foggy image appears to have facial features. The second picture is from my roommates camera. I'm standing next to her, and her camera is pointing toward our living room. We believe the bright light is coming from her laptop, which is on our coffee table. There is DEFINATELY a face above that. You can see the teeth and everything. The image somewhat resembles a friend of ours who was stabbed and died last December, but the resemblence isn't definate.

After reading some of the other comments posted about pictures on this website, I wanted to point out that the pictures above were taken in a sequence of pictures in a 5 minute period. These pictures were found on two different cameras, and in the middle of the collection of pics. The other pictures were completely black, except for another one from my camera that had the light which we think is from a laptop. We've searched through all saved pictures on the camera with the detailed face, and the face doesn't match any of the faces on her camera, so we don't think it was some kind of exposure problem...but then again, I don't know much about photography. I used to be a bit of a skeptic...thought ghost stories were more for entertainment. Didn't even know what an orb WAS until my roommate showed me that night. I simply cannot find any other explaination for the pics that we took, so I can't help but keep an open mind and search for suggestions!
    Photo
    disintegration
    Aug 18 2007 04:45 PM
    images that are this dark are hard to say anything about but after enhancing it in photoshop it appears that the face on the left side is of someone holding a cellphone near their chin or something giving off light. it also seems to be pasted in. the right side I have no clue. this is my findings and belief but I was not their when they were taken.. . Disintegration

images that are this dark are hard to say anything about but after enhancing it in photoshop it appears that the face on the left side is of someone holding a cellphone near their chin or something giving off light. it also seems to be pasted in. the right side I have no clue. this is my findings and belief but I was not their when they were taken...Disintegration

..It WAS pasted in....by the people who posted it on this site. It was 2 seperate pics...they pasted it in to make it one pic. I submitted them as two pics. The light had to have been from a laptop...it was the only thing in the living room giving off light. The fact that ANYTHING showed up when we took pictures in a pitch black room is what makes them so creepy. There was no one in front of the camera when the pic of the face was taken. I was there, dude!!
    Photo
    disintegration
    Aug 19 2007 01:43 AM
    I know it is 2 pics and what I meant by pasted in was the face. I can clearly see an outline. you say it was pitch black but also say there was a laptop giving off light. so then it wasnt pitch black then. anyway I wasnt there but I still stand behind my findings and that is the face was pasted in IMO.. . . . Disintegration[/quote]. It WAS pasted in....by the people who posted it on this site. It was 2 seperate pics...they pasted it in to make it one pic. I submitted them as two pics. The light had to have been from a laptop...it was the only thing in the living room giving off light. The fact that ANYTHING showed up when we took pictures in a pitch black room is what makes them so creepy. There was no one in front of the camera when the pic of the face was taken. I was there, dude!!. [/quote]
    [quote name='disintegration' date='Aug 18 2007, 08:43 PM'].I know it is 2 pics and what I meant by pasted in was the face. I can clearly see an outline. you say it was pitch black but also say there was a laptop giving off light. so then it wasnt pitch black then. anyway I wasnt there but I still stand behind my findings and that is the face was pasted in IMO..Disintegration[/quote].It WAS pasted in....by the people who posted it on this site. It was 2 seperate pics...they pasted it in to make it one pic. I submitted them as two pics. The light had to have been from a laptop...it was the only thing in the living room giving off light. The fact that ANYTHING showed up when we took pictures in a pitch black room is what makes them so creepy. There was no one in front of the camera when the pic of the face was taken. I was there, dude!!.[/quote].[/quote]...HA. gotcha. not the case, but whatever you say, man
    I totally get what you mean the image on the right looks pretty creepy to show up on a pic that was taken in the dark....and I have no idea what that other guy is saying but anyways....I believe ya....
    Just to confirm, the image on the left is a seperate image that was copied and pasted in to the combined image above to keep them together, which is why it has a bluish background that is different from the image on the right.
    Photo
    disintegration
    Aug 20 2007 01:53 PM
    I know what Im talking about and had I known the image was edited in such a way I wouldnt have said anything. ...

Just to confirm, the image on the left is a seperate image that was copied and pasted in to the combined image above to keep them together, which is why it has a bluish background that is different from the image on the right.

Photo
    leeslaughtr
    Aug 21 2007 05:33 PM
    interesting pic
    i apologize for coming across rudely...still freaks me out every time i see them. we have had no other noticeable paranormal activity, so i really don't know what to make of them. i jus got my first digital camera a few months ago, and wouldn't know the first thing about copying images. the only thing i know how to do with my pics is rotate them. sad, i know. if the face on the left IS due to a camera error, i assure you, it wasn't something manually done. would a ghost present itself in such a way (an actual human face), or is that not even possible? that's the kind of question i was hoping you knowledgable folks could help me with, as i am COMPLETELY new to this sort of thing!