Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

Boothill ghost

Boothill ghost

Boothill ghost.Famous image taken by Terry Clanton, of his friend dressed in 1880's period clothes in Boothill Cemetery, Arizona. The picture was taken in black and white for effect. Once it was developed, Clanton noticed that behind his friend was the image of a man in a black hat, 'rising' up out of the ground. There was nobody else present when the picture was taken.

I've seen this picture several times and every time I see it I get the chills. I read about it on another website and I have never heard of it being a phoney.. B) Any way it sure looks like the real thing!

I've seen this picture several times and every time I see it I get the chills. I read about it on another website and I have never heard of it being a phoney.. :P Any way it sure looks like the real thing!

.lol, I don't get the chills, I dont believe it haha
    This is one of the most famous ghost pics... no admission of guilt though! :hmm:
    Photo
    narcoleptic-insomniac
    Jun 30 2007 08:17 AM
    were there gangsters buried in boothill cemetery??
    It totally looks faked.
    Photo
    leeslaughtr
    Jul 24 2007 02:46 PM
    All the comments about it being faked you read the story and your still hatin on the image alot of you need to experience some real sh*t. then you will change those crazy comments.Duplicate then comment.
    Photo
    bettercarpenter
    Aug 26 2007 11:31 PM
    Easy leeslaughter, they are only protecting the real pictures from forgeries or else it would be an evryday occurance to meet "ghost" then noone would care. However this picture was not faked, but was not a ghost. Then man in the background was visiting a family members site when the other two came along. Embarrased for crying, he hid. Pokeing his head out to see if they gone yet he was captured on film and announced to be a ghost. He got a kick out of being announced as a ghost in a cemetary before he was dead. He was interveiwed many times, his name is Jean thomas something, and is alive today as far as I know.
    I tell you if I saw that guy holding a gun,I'd be hiding behind the bushes too!!!. I have seen this one many times,but not sure what to make of it.

I tell you if I saw that guy holding a gun,I'd be hiding behind the bushes too!!!.I have seen this one many times,but not sure what to make of it.

.Without knowing the circumstances of this photograph it could just be a guy standing in the bushes I dont really see anything ghostly about him and this image certainly doesnt scare me. I say to the people who are frightened by this photograph to look at it in the cold light of day and with a clear mind, ie not thinking about ghosts and suchlike.
    Photo
    SuicidesPleasures
    Sep 22 2007 09:32 PM
    i dunno if it's actually real, but everytime i see it it creeps me out. <_< :hmm: