Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

The Brown Lady

The Brown Lady

The Brown Lady.The most famous ghost photograph of them all - the Brown Lady of Raynam Hall, England. It was taken by two photographers from Country Life magazine who were filming the Hall at the time, and observed the ghost "floating" down a staircase.

beautiful picture!
    I dont think we'll ever know with this pic... it is amazing tho...
    wow crazy pix good one
    This one has always intrigued me.
    Photo
    leeslaughtr
    Jul 24 2007 02:51 PM
    What the pic is self evident use your senses a little <_<
    Photo
    Baron Samedi
    Aug 20 2007 12:35 AM
    This is probably the most famous of all ghost pics. but I've never heard the story behind it
    Photo
    bettercarpenter
    Aug 26 2007 11:23 PM
    This was dismissed as dust movement in a dark house in front of a window at the top of the stairs. Notice how the dust has a repetitive movement. You can see a "hood", then midway down the same shape, then at the bottom the same shape again, it was merely movement of the air moveing dust around in sunlight in a dark room. If not for this picture being released I would not have become interested in the paranormal, though I am a sceptic, I am looking for proof.
    Absolutely amazing picture!

This is probably the most famous of all ghost pics.but I've never heard the story behind it

There is a book you can buy from author Brad Steiger called real ghosts, restless spirits, and haunted places. It has all the stories behind all of these classic ghost pictures :w00t: great book!
    this is a pic of the brown lady of raynham hall..and i think it is genuine..