Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

Fire Girl

Fire Girl

This is one of my all time favorite classic ghost photos:..On November 19, 1995, photographer Tony O'Rahilly snapped this shot as Wem Town Hall, Shropshire, England, was burning. No one had seen what appears to be a small girl in a doorway. According to the story, the apparition may be the spirit of Jane Churm who died in another fire in the town hall in 1677..

Here is the full story on the picture.... . The Ghost in the Burning Building. On November 19, 1995, Wem Town Hall in Shropshire, England burned to the ground. Many spectators gathered to watch the old building, built in 1905, as it was being consumed by the flames. Tony O'Rahilly, a local resident, was one of those onlookers and took photos of the spectacle with a 200mm telephoto lens from across the street. One of those photos shows what looks like a small, partially transparent girl standing in the doorway. Nether O'Rahilly nor any of the other onlookers or firefighters recalled seeing the girl there.. . O'Rahilly submitted the photo to the Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena which, in turn, presented it for analysis to Dr. Vernon Harrison, a photographic expert and former president of the Royal Photographic Society. Harrison carefully examined both the print and the original negative, and concluded that it was genuine. "The negative is a straightforward piece of black-and-white work and shows no sign of having been tampered with," Harrison said.. . But who is the little girl? Wem, a quiet market town in northern Shropshire, had been ravaged by fire in the past. In 1677, historical records note, a fire destroyed many of the town's old timber houses. A young girl named Jane Churm, the legends say, accidentally set fire to a thatched roof with a candle. Many believed her ghost haunted the area and had been seen on a few other occasions.
    Wow, these pictures are amazing.
    Photo
    leeslaughtr
    Jul 24 2007 02:19 PM
    I think this pic is by far one of the greatest spirit pics ever snaped.I see the girl never left,and I wonder was there any activity before the fire?
    this picture is a fake

this picture is a fake

fair enough, but would you care to explain how you arrived at that conclusion?
    Interesting picture.
    when the fire happened obviously the scene was cordoned off..when the fire chief went onto the site of the fire,the followin day there was footprints in the soot ..although the fire scene was deffinately cordoned off ..on that evidence alone ..i conclude the picture to be genuine..

this picture is a fake

.Youre an idiot :tu:
    Photo
    Guilty_By_Ignorance
    Feb 21 2008 07:41 PM
    If a highly qualified expert in photography deemed it to not be fake, I'm gonna have a hard time not believing him; nice pic.
    Photo
    YourOpheliac
    Feb 27 2008 05:36 PM
    Theres a little girl up there.