Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

weird sighting at the Mercer-Williams house, Savannah, GA

weird sighting at the Mercer-Williams house, Savannah, GA

I took this picture of the Mercer-Williams house in Savannah, GA, last Tuesday (April 1st, 2008) using a digital camera. Several of my other pictures of the house had weird things in them, but I could easily identify that I was seeing reflections in glass or otherwise interpreting random shadows. This picture stood out, though. It clearly seems to be of someone looking straight at me. When taking my pictures, I was careful to make sure no one was in the rooms. I was standing outside and using the zoom function on my camera. I'm reserving judgment as to what's in that picture and would appreciate some theories on what could have caused that image...Rae

yeh i can see something like a face it looks like its yarning and its hand reaching to his mouth oh yeah looks like a man to me .
    Photo
    RavenPolaris
    Apr 09 2008 02:01 PM

yeh i can see something like a face it looks like its yarning and its hand reaching to his mouth oh yeah looks like a man to me .

.I sent this picture to a friend who is a skeptic. He absolutely does not believe in ghosts. I didn't include any info about the pic and also sent it without the face circled, just asked him what he thought about it. I figured that would make him my 'control group.'..His reply?.."Who's the guy in the house waving at you?"..Rae
    LOL THATS FUNNY HE MY BE WAVING HE LOOKS LIKE HES YARNING SO IT COULD BE EITHER I DO LIKE WHAT YOUR FRIEND THE SKEPTIC SAID DID YOU TELL HIM IT WAS A GHOST ? :sk
    Photo
    RavenPolaris
    Apr 09 2008 05:21 PM

LOL THATS FUNNY HE MY BE WAVING HE LOOKS LIKE HES YARNING SO IT COULD BE EITHER I DO LIKE WHAT YOUR FRIEND THE SKEPTIC SAID DID YOU TELL HIM IT WAS A GHOST ? :sk

.He hasn't replied since I told him that he saw a person in an empty room. I imagine he's working on a 'scientific' theory to explain this trick of the eyes! :sk ..I think his mouth is definitely open with a hand over it...My skeptic friend provided me with a high contrast blown up version of this picture where the face and hand (with fingers curled) is even clearer. I'm not sure if I can add it to this thread?..Rae
    give it ago i would not mind seeing that hun.skeptics make me laugh if a ghost materalised in front off them they still would not beleave it. :sk
    Photo
    RavenPolaris
    Apr 09 2008 09:32 PM
    I was a skeptic and didn't believe in ghosts when they materialized in front of me until others confirmed my sightings. :sk..I don't know how to post another picture in this thread, so please go to http://tinyurl.com/48tju6 to see the high res shot. The colours are a bit off-putting at first, but once you get used to them, you can clearly see all the details of the face. At least, I think I can. :sk..Rae
    Photo
    Guilty_By_Ignorance
    Apr 10 2008 07:31 PM
    Well I can see what looks to be like a joker type face, but I think it might be due to the streaks on the window.
    Photo
    RavenPolaris
    Apr 13 2008 02:13 AM

Well I can see what looks to be like a joker type face, but I think it might be due to the streaks on the window.

.That's what I thought at first because I was definitely seeing reflections of things in other windows, but this one stood out for its clarity. I'm still undecided as to whether or not I might have captured 'something.' :tu:..Rae
    Photo
    dammittammientx
    Apr 20 2008 03:04 AM
    It looks to be a window hanging you can clearly see the string..
    Photo
    RavenPolaris
    Apr 20 2008 04:18 AM

It looks to be a window hanging you can clearly see the string..

.Yes, there is definitely a piece of u-shaped glass hanging in the window, but the 'face' doesn't seem to be part of it. I thought it could be contributing to creating the image of a face, but I'm not convinced. To me, it looks more like the face is trying to make sure I'm seeing it by 'framing' itself in the hanging thing. Which makes it all the more creepy. I really wish my skeptic friend had told me I was imagining things. :D..Rae