Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

Victorian nurse?

Copyright

Dean Johnson

Victorian nurse?

This image was taken at St Crispins Hospital in Northamptonshire, UK in early July 2015.. . St Crispins is an abandoned Psychiatric Hospital built around 1870, it was abandoned in 1995 when the new mental health hospital, Berrywood was opened. It is a listed building and as such cannot be demolished, instead, it's waiting for whoever owns the property to renovate it.. . In 2014 part of the building was burnt out after vandals gained access, this is the area the picture was taken.. . The window in question is on the third floor in a room the consists of no windows, weatherproofing covers or floorboards, having been completely gutted by fire.. . The photo was one of a series of six taken in burst mode. The time was around 10.50pm, it was a clear, cloudless sky with a low lying moon not visible behind the building to the right. As mentioned, there is no glass or covering of any kind around the frame and no floor so access is severely limited, if not impossible and yet, to me there seems to be what looks like a Victorian matron in black with a shawl over her shoulders. I don't think there is anything in the room to cause paredolia as it's all blackened and with no obvious reflective materials I cannot see how it can be a reflection, certainly no human could stand there as the floors have been obliterated by the fire.. . I'm not saying that it's a ghost but I am at a loss to explain it considering the other pictures of the set are just empty black frames.

Looks like a victorian figure.good capture

i can agree with ratzonzzo because it does look like someone is in the window.