Ghost in the Washington, DC Opera House

Ghost in the Washington, DC Opera House

My girlfriend recently went on a trip to Washington, DC and was on a tour. I'm not completely sure this was taken in the opera house, but in any case, she went into the theater (she was the first one in), and sat down. She snapped a picture right as she sat down, just because she promised to take pictures of everywhere she went, and looked down at the camera. She said she was more baffled than shocked to see this image. Now, take into account that she was the only one there, the temperature was about 90 degrees, and this is a historic and public area. These facts completely rule out any possibilities, i.e. it being of a person running by, or of another image on the camera (she had none with people at the angle the apparition is shown at), or by her sitting down it created a heat ripple which caused some reflection of light (since her body temperature and the ambient temperature were nearly the same). Now, although this is possible and is being implemented in holographic uses, it is not the case since there has to be a very significant heat difference to create reflection of light (think of heat rising from the tar in the middle of summer - a mirage). Your body doesn't create this mirage because your body, the heat it emits and reflects, and the ambient temperature are so close. I think this is one fine, genuine piece of spiritual proof. What do you think? Really, I don't think I've seen anything more convincing, and as soon as I saw it I asked her if I could use it on here. We deal with this sort of stuff a lot (spiritual stuff), but this is the first "hard" piece of evidence we've seen. What's your opinion?

nice pic, but I'm afraid it might not be ghostly since the "ghost" has the same color of the seats.

nice pic, but I'm afraid it might not be ghostly since the "ghost" has the same color of the seats.

.Yeah, that is true, but why does it appear to be a torso, head, and face, fleeing to the right? We just can't explain it.
    I was really hoping my first post on here wouldn't lean toward the negative, but I believe what we're looking at here is simply a long exposure with a person moving. The color of the ambient lighting and blurring of the stationary objects proves that this was a long exposure and the "ghost" looks to simply be a girl spinning or turning quickly. It can be a very cool effect when done under the right conditions and is incredibly simple to do with virtually any digital or film camera on the market. But as far as anything supernatural in the image, I remain disappointedly skeptical.
    It looks great though... And after reading your description.... Why not.. That's all I have....

I was really hoping my first post on here wouldn't lean toward the negative, but I believe what we're looking at here is simply a long exposure with a person moving. The color of the ambient lighting and blurring of the stationary objects proves that this was a long exposure and the "ghost" looks to simply be a girl spinning or turning quickly. It can be a very cool effect when done under the right conditions and is incredibly simple to do with virtually any digital or film camera on the market. But as far as anything supernatural in the image, I remain disappointedly skeptical.

.You know, that was my explanation at first. Although, it seems you didn't read my description well enough. She had told me she sat down, clicked the pic, and looked at it right afterward. I thought that the long exposure, someone passing by thing was the answer at first too, but since she told me she was the first one in, she took the pic right as she sat down, then looked at it and found it strange, and then other people walk in...it doesn't work out. Is there any way some previous data from pics before this mingled with the data from this pic, creating the effect? I know that's possible, and it was on a digital camera, but another problem is there are no other pics that resemble the "apparition" from this one. I'm just wondering if there was a way for the camera to take her into the picture as well, even though she was operating it from behind.

it seems you didn't read my description well enough.

.Actually, I read every word of it. The problem is that when I take the story away, every single piece of the image can be perfectly explained through non-paranormal processes...Please understand that I'm not calling your girlfriend a liar or anything like that. I would never do that and would expect to be rightfully beaten to a pulp for such a thing. But therein lies the other problem which most "ghostly" images have: the viewing public is expected to take the word of a complete stranger. This is a very hard thing to do, especially for somebody like me who has become very jaded. But that's a subject for a completely different forum...I would love to be wrong about this one, but in my personal and professional opinion, I simply can't see it as genuinely paranormal.

.Please understand that I'm not calling your girlfriend a liar or anything like that. I would never do that and would expect to be rightfully beaten to a pulp for such a thing..

.LOL, I like you're style. I can understand how it is, now that I took a step back. I can't force you to believe my (or my girlfriend's) word, but that's beside the point. A genuine paranormal image should contain indisputable evidence, and although through circumstances explained, this would be so. But since the circumstances are not photographed and documented, I agree that this does not classify as hard proof. Truly, as a part of the public, I'm on your side. But from witnessing the story (although second-hand), I take a personal standpoint which many others cannot relate to, which creates the dispute. Therefore, case closed - this can't classify as paranormal evidence. Good argument, thanks for the insight!
    looks like an overexposure of a naked women with her back turnd to the camara!lol
    Photo
    leeslaughtr
    Jul 31 2007 01:05 PM
    Believe what you want just because some people want to try to find some way to bash your evidence they are not the all knowing so take it for what is worh.Lastly why comment on a strangers pic if you think it's bogus?

.Actually, I read every word of it. The problem is that when I take the story away, every single piece of the image can be perfectly explained through non-paranormal processes...Please understand that I'm not calling your girlfriend a liar or anything like that. I would never do that and would expect to be rightfully beaten to a pulp for such a thing. But therein lies the other problem which most "ghostly" images have: the viewing public is expected to take the word of a complete stranger. This is a very hard thing to do, especially for somebody like me who has become very jaded. But that's a subject for a completely different forum...I would love to be wrong about this one, but in my personal and professional opinion, I simply can't see it as genuinely paranormal..

..Can you see the hand in the lower portion of this 'entity'? I see something I think it may be a hand. I am not sure. Interesting photo.