Hooded Shadow Man

Hooded Shadow Man

This was taken with a digital camera at the Quaratine Station in Manly on 14th Aug 2010. Taken in complete darkness with Flash. This was taken in the Shower Block reportedly one of the most haunted buildings on the site. I have brightened this photo.

very clear image. wow!! very spooky and good capture
    very strange, looks too me like a young girl with long hair crouched down as if trying not too get caught in the photo
    I opened this file in photoshop, looked at all the channels and adjusted the curves - which is a very easy way to see if there's been careful pasting - and was impressed by one thing: there is no break in the film grain, although given this is a relatively low-fi picture, this is hard to pick out. So one check in the 'could be real' category. . . One thing however that makes little sense is the shadow cast by this anomaly along it's right edge. It's in the correct position relative to the perspective of the shot...but what is it cast against? The wall behind the thing is a few yards away. There's nothing that shadow could have been cast upon given it's crispness. It would have been much more defused once it made it all the way to the back wall and at a different angle. I can accept that apparitions can pass through walls, disappear in an instant, create havoc on various environmental recorders such as EMP meters or full range cameras, but I don't believe they can effect the physics behind photons and this is what it's appears to be doing. I really want this picture to be real, but I don't feel it is. My opinion, anyway.

I opened this file in photoshop, looked at all the channels and adjusted the curves - which is a very easy way to see if there's been careful pasting - and was impressed by one thing: there is no break in the film grain, although given this is a relatively low-fi picture, this is hard to pick out. So one check in the 'could be real' category. ..One thing however that makes little sense is the shadow cast by this anomaly along it's right edge. It's in the correct position relative to the perspective of the shot...but what is it cast against? The wall behind the thing is a few yards away. There's nothing that shadow could have been cast upon given it's crispness. It would have been much more defused once it made it all the way to the back wall and at a different angle. I can accept that apparitions can pass through walls, disappear in an instant, create havoc on various environmental recorders such as EMP meters or full range cameras, but I don't believe they can effect the physics behind photons and this is what it's appears to be doing. I really want this picture to be real, but I don't feel it is. My opinion, anyway..

..Hi peterg -Thanks for taking the time to check out my pic. I know where you are coming from as even though I am 'a believer' I still look at other peoples pics and convince myself they arent real. When I took this pic it freaked me out ...looking at it again over two months later it still makes my heart race. I agree with the shadow factor I noticed it threw a shadow but didnt think much of it- your right though I have no idea what it was cast on. The walkway would have been about 1.5m wide and the back wall was at about 6m away. I can send you the original unaltered (Not brightened) pic if your interested. It is nearly impossible to see the figure when viewing the original on a PC I found I had to look at it on my laptop so I was able to tilt the screen and then I could see it. On a flat PC screen it just looks Black, it was only when I brightened the pic that I could see the figure so clearly.
    Photo
    Dreampainter
    Jan 22 2011 07:36 PM
    nice shot!
    I do see what you are talking about, of course, and well I just don't know. Could be someone in a hoodie, could be a spook. I like this picture cause it has be thinking! Thanks for posting your picture.