Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

Unknown wedding guest - photo 2

Unknown wedding guest - photo 2

This picture was taken in Bandon, Oregon in a park close to the beach in Sep, 2008. My wife was taking pictures at her sisters wedding. Out of over 100 photos, two photos, taken in quick succession, revealed a couple of strange anomolies that did not appear on any of the other photos. My first thought was that a spec of dust, or drop of water, got on the lens, but then I looked closer. The first picture (Karens Wedding 055) shows an 'orb' to the right of the grooms head (his physical left). The next picture, (Karens Wedding 056) taken less than 3 seconds later, shows a pink mass, starting from around the point where the 'orb' was, and spreading to the left of the groom (his physical right). What caught my attention was that the groom is wearing a white shirt, and this pink mass does not appear on his shirt, therefor I don't think this anomolie is something on the lens itself, but had manifested behind the groom. It almost appears as though part of the mass is in front of the grooms head, but behind his upper torso. If you notice, the mass seems to start in the area of the original 'orb', then spread out wide to the left of the photo, and it also appears to radiate light in the same direction, almost like a flashlight. .

Just to clarify. This photo is the second one taken. The picture taken immediately after this one (not posted), is clear and nothing abnormal shows up.

Just to clarify. This photo is the second one taken. The picture taken immediately after this one (not posted), is clear and nothing abnormal shows up.

I'm not so sure. Look at the sunlight coming thru the trees. Looks like lens flare.

I'm not so sure. Look at the sunlight coming thru the trees. Looks like lens flare..

I would agree on the lens flare. On the stream pics it looks like dust as you will notice almost same spot on each pic until the zoom changed. http://www.parachasers.com

I'm not so sure. Look at the sunlight coming thru the trees. Looks like lens flare..

I would agree on the lens flare. On the stream pics it looks like dust as you will notice almost same spot on each pic until the zoom changed. http://www.parachasers.com.

I guess it just bothered me that the pink glare didn't show up on his shirt and I saw that right after looking at the picture prior to it that had the strange orb or spec, whatever it was. I wish the pictures could have been posted in that order, but I do see your point on the sun coming thru the trees, just strange it didn't show up on the pic right after that either. Guess timing is everything. Thanks for the input.

I would agree on the lens flare. On the stream pics it looks like dust as you will notice almost same spot on each pic until the zoom changed. http://www.parachasers.com.

Not sure what stream pics you're refering to, unless they are the ones that show up after my pics. Not mine though.