Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

Weird Lights in Arizona Cave

Weird Lights in Arizona Cave

Hey, What is the history on these caves? D
    Photo
    TERRIEROCKS
    Aug 21 2008 01:16 AM

.Sorry I haven't got back to you on that. I know they found artifacts from some tribes who lived there. I'll check on it and let you know.

.Sorry I haven't got back to you on that. I know they found artifacts from some tribes who lived there. I'll check on it and let you know..

.I can't wait to hear what you find out! Do you know what type of artifacts were found?
    Photo
    TERRIEROCKS
    Aug 23 2008 08:58 PM

.Sorry I haven't got back to you on that. I know they found artifacts from some tribes who lived there. I'll check on it and let you know..

.I can't wait to hear what you find out! Do you know what type of artifacts were found?.

..Here is a time line I found on the caves so far... R.Gruss.900-1450 AD:.The Hohokam .Indians left.this mortar in the Cave. .Mortars were sometimes used to powder colored clays for pigments to paint their pottery or to grind herbs and hard-coated seeds..c. 900-1450 A.D. Hohokam Indians use Colossal Cave as well as numerous other sites in Colossal Cave Mountain Park. One of the ways they use the Cave is as a shrine..c. 1450-1880 A.D. Sobaipuri Indians use Colossal Cave; subsequently, it appears also to have been used by the Apache and the Papago (now Tohono O'odham)..mid-1870s Southern Pacific Line operates a stagecoach stop on what today is part of La Posta Quemada Ranch. According to a resident, there is a burned stage station in the area by 1875, "hence the name Posta quemada 'Burnt station.' ".1878 Solomon Lick builds the Mountain Springs Hotel and Stage Station about a mile west of the burned facility. La Posta Quemada Ranch's Mountain Springs Grove is located here today..January 15, 1879 Solomon Lick, searching for stray cows, discovers an entrance to "either a very extensive old mine, or a wonderful cave," and undertakes a series of explorations of what today is known as Colossal Cave..January 23, 1879 Solomon Lick's baby daughter overturns a candle or lamp at the Mountain Springs Hotel, and dies of her burns..January 23, 1879 A party leaves Tucson for Mountain Springs, eager to explore "the cave or tunnel near there.".January 26, 1879 The Arizona Daily Star reports on the five-hour expedition into the "Arizona Catacombs," in which the exploring party finds "a thousand varied beauties." the story also appears in Frank Leslie's Popular Monthly, June, 1879..October 3, 1882 Nine prisoners escape from Pima County Jail. Three of them, indicted for the murder of a gambler, are apparently tipped off about Colossal Cave by their jailer, George Cooler, who was part of the 1879 expedition into the Cave; and they hole up there for a while, until fear that they might be starved out compels them to go elsewhere..April 27, 1887 Three men rob the mail car of Southern Pacific Express Train Number 20 near Vail, Arizona, and get away with about $3,000 in currency. Previous to the robbery, they spend several days camped at what has become Mountain Springs Ranch.. ..August 10, 1887 Two of the robbers from the April holdup rob Train Number 20 again, between Pantano and Vail, this time making off with a considerable quantity of gold and Mexican silver dollars. . .R. Gruss.Cave Exploration.For decades, from 1879, when the first group ventured out from Tucson to explore the newly discovered "wonderful cave," to 1934, when the Civilian Conservation Corps arrived to install walkways, gear similar to this was used by explorers and visitors to Colossal Cave.
    Photo
    TERRIEROCKS
    Aug 23 2008 09:09 PM

.I can't wait to hear what you find out! Do you know what type of artifacts were found?.

Here is a time line I found on the caves so far... R.Gruss.900-1450 AD:.The Hohokam .Indians left.this mortar in the Cave. .Mortars were sometimes used to powder colored clays for pigments to paint their pottery or to grind herbs and hard-coated seeds..c. 900-1450 A.D. Hohokam Indians use Colossal Cave as well as numerous other sites in Colossal Cave Mountain Park. One of the ways they use the Cave is as a shrine..c. 1450-1880 A.D. Sobaipuri Indians use Colossal Cave; subsequently, it appears also to have been used by the Apache and the Papago (now Tohono O'odham)..mid-1870s Southern Pacific Line operates a stagecoach stop on what today is part of La Posta Quemada Ranch. According to a resident, there is a burned stage station in the area by 1875, "hence the name Posta quemada 'Burnt station.' ".1878 Solomon Lick builds the Mountain Springs Hotel and Stage Station about a mile west of the burned facility. La Posta Quemada Ranch's Mountain Springs Grove is located here today..January 15, 1879 Solomon Lick, searching for stray cows, discovers an entrance to "either a very extensive old mine, or a wonderful cave," and undertakes a series of explorations of what today is known as Colossal Cave..January 23, 1879 Solomon Lick's baby daughter overturns a candle or lamp at the Mountain Springs Hotel, and dies of her burns..January 23, 1879 A party leaves Tucson for Mountain Springs, eager to explore "the cave or tunnel near there.".January 26, 1879 The Arizona Daily Star reports on the five-hour expedition into the "Arizona Catacombs," in which the exploring party finds "a thousand varied beauties." the story also appears in Frank Leslie's Popular Monthly, June, 1879..October 3, 1882 Nine prisoners escape from Pima County Jail. Three of them, indicted for the murder of a gambler, are apparently tipped off about Colossal Cave by their jailer, George Cooler, who was part of the 1879 expedition into the Cave; and they hole up there for a while, until fear that they might be starved out compels them to go elsewhere..April 27, 1887 Three men rob the mail car of Southern Pacific Express Train Number 20 near Vail, Arizona, and get away with about $3,000 in currency. Previous to the robbery, they spend several days camped at what has become Mountain Springs Ranch.. ..August 10, 1887 Two of the robbers from the April holdup rob Train Number 20 again, between Pantano and Vail, this time making off with a considerable quantity of gold and Mexican silver dollars. . .R. Gruss.Cave Exploration.For decades, from 1879, when the first group ventured out from Tucson to explore the newly discovered "wonderful cave," to 1934, when the Civilian Conservation Corps arrived to install walkways, gear similar to this was used by explorers and visitors to Colossal Cave..

..Posted Image..Posted Image