Ghost Mysteries uses cookies to give you the best user experience. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X

Prom Ghost

Prom Ghost

This photo was made when my son and his friends were going to their prom. We live in a 105 year old house that is haunted by several ghosts from the same family. One of them is a 16 year old girl who burned to death in 1910. My husband took two photos like this, the first one was fine, but this is the second one. After the kids left, the upstairs doors slammed by themsleves, like someone was very angry. We joked the ghost was mad she didn't get to go to the prom. We have had many investigations of our home and the evidence is overwhelming. Many photographers, paranormal and not paranormal have examined the photo and cannot give us an explaination for it. For what it is worth, it has been deemed a true orb by several paranormal photographers.

I am not a fan of orb pics, but your home sounds very interesting. Would it be possible for you to share more stories and evidence of your experiences?
    Photo
    Jameswaterwolf
    Jul 03 2008 01:08 PM
    Very interesting size of orb. If I was living there ,I wouldn't joke about a spirit's misfortunes. That spirit has enough sadness just being a ghost, let alone having been killed in a fire.....Miigwetch
    Photo
    woodson gal
    Jul 06 2008 07:12 PM

Very interesting size of orb. If I was living there ,I wouldn't joke about a spirit's misfortunes. That spirit has enough sadness just being a ghost, let alone having been killed in a fire.....Miigwetch

..yea but too bad it would not get 2 go b cause it would have won best dressed! :tu: <_< :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    interesting. It's very prominent, definitely more interesting than most orb pics
    Nice orbs on the other people.. hehe

I am not a fan of orb pics, but your home sounds very interesting. Would it be possible for you to share more stories and evidence of your experiences?

After a long summer of having my father in hospice care, I can begin to get back to my regular life. We have lived here 4 years and we could probably write a book about all that has happened. About this pix tho, we have a daughter who has down syndrome, who was 16 at the time. After the great-grandson of the original family told us about the ghosts and who they were (we have 3 we know by name), we decided not to tell her. We really weren't sure how to explain the concept of a ghost to a person with down syndrome. She was the first one to notice the pix. She looked at it and said, "Hey, there is that ghost that comes in my room and bothers me." You could have knocked us over with a feather. She told us the ghost was a girl and her name was Pearle. We knew from the relative that her name was indeed Pearle. Thats when we called some paranormal investigators who told me to find out as much history about the family as I could. I found a pix of the Taylor family at the library, then I showed it to my daughted and asked her if she knew anybody. She pointed straight at a girl and said, "yep, that's her, she bugs me." I looked at the captions and sure enough, she had pointed at Pearle. See, Pearle was leaving Aug. 28, 1910 for college in Macon, Ga. Her trunk was packed and she was ready to go. But during the night her sister, Rubye, needed help tending her sick baby. Pearle was holding the kerosene lamp and somehow she caught on fire. She lingered on till the next day till she died at age 16. She caught fire in my daughters bedroom and I learned from relatives that room was also where her packed trunk was stored for many years. My daughter says Pearle always wants her to help her find her dress, a white dress, and her closet has been messed up before with no way that my daughter could have done it; she is too short to reach the upper racks. My daughter has described Pearle has having brown hair with a big with bow in it, a gray face, and a long white dress. My daughter is 20 now and her stories of Pearle have never changed one bit. We have never known her to lie or make up stories, she is pretty much a very literal person. Knowing we never told her we suspected we had ghosts and who they were, then finding out she knew more about them than anybody else, proves to use the existance of ghosts more thatn anything else. But we have all had many experiences with them, we have at least 50 evp's that we got and various paranormal teams have gotten, some of us have seen them, and all of us have watched door knobs turn and doors open for us when no one else was in the room. We have a evp that a female voice says, "Pearle", in response to can you tell us your name? We have, "1860" in response to what year were you born? Her dad, George Taylor was born in 1860. i even have one I got myself, when i tell my daughter I need to get a tissue for my nose and a younger male voice says, "I'll get the tissue for you". Like I said, we could write a book and if I knew how I would.
    maybe she or he felt left out. :hmm: